Just Lost Job - Coping/Job Hunting Advice Needed

@legowarrior Solidarity, my man. I feel your pain.

I’m still fucking jobless after being non-renewed back at the end of March. Just started a local code academy program, which is expensive as fuck, but beloved by employers in the area for turning out high-quality employees - they have a 92% job placement rate six months out of the program, which is pretty baller. They have an excellent network and a great program that builds your github portfolio and puts you in front of a ton of area companies and recruiters, so even if I learned very little it’d still probably be worth the (piles and piles of) money the program costs.

And still…oh mah god, I am an afternoon away from completing the six-week “pre-work” period before the full-time classwork period of the code academy thing starts up. It started Monday. I have 5.5 weeks to go before the classroom begins. I am soooooo boooooored.

Interview yesterday for a different position (client ops for an ecommerce company, job actually sounds pretty good) went pretty well, though. I’d have to walk away from the $1.5k deposit I put down for the coding academy, but I’d probably do so to take the job if the money is right.

Being broke sucks so baaaaaaaaaad you guys. Blehhhhhhhhh.