Just Lost Job - Coping/Job Hunting Advice Needed

Nope. 10 weeks, max per policy. That’s it. Oh, and another 10 or so weeks for accrued PTO.

Already tried to get on with the new company; no go.

Man that really sucks. I am sorry to hear that.

That’s a sad amount for 35+ years. Sorry to hear about the hardship.

Thanks for the kind words. Suck, it does.

Just adding to the chrous of “that sucks!”

I’m so sorry. I hope somehow this turns out to be a positive, rather then the negative it appears to be today. But it sucks.

I haven’t lost a job but I am searching for one, across the country in Kansas City. Talked to a few of the recruiters there on the phone to get a feel for things and get started. But if anyone needs an accountant in the area, feel free to hire me so I don’t have to go through the annoying job search process!

My company is hiring, mostly Software Engineers and QA Engineers, in Sunnyvale, CA, Alpharetta GA, and Prague. These are all in Security software (Fortify is in static/dynamic code analyzers, Voltage is data security/encryption). Take a look:

(I’m the hiring manager for the last two jobs on the list)

Everytime this thread gets bumped I think ‘ah shit,’ so this was a nice surprise.

Is it kosher to post job ads in the thread? If so, feel free to PM me for more info about a 1-3 year level civil engineering position in Boulder, CO with a focus on pipelines, stormwater, transportation, and other municipal projects. If not, feel free to delete.

I just wanna day how cool I think it is that Qt3 can serve as a job resource.

Well, if we can post stuff like that, Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries has a job page. There are several interesting IT positions currently up:

Manager, Information Security
Senior Systems Analyst
Portfolio Manager, ITS Service Delivery, Client Services

Unfortunately they all close on the 19th and would require you to relocate to Winnipeg. Figure I would post the link in case anyone was interested.

https://www.mbll.ca/jobs?field_job_classification_tid=All&field_job_location_tid=All&field_job_term_tid=All&keys=

Got any accounting jobs that would be available, say, I don’t know, right after the mid-term elections here? Would be great to have a fallback plan when the GOP maintains control of the House & Senate.

Any jobs for people interested in Statistics that I can do from Home? I really liked to make a change to something more interesting than 401(k) compliance.

@rowe33 There must not be that much movement in the Finance department these days as there have been very few posted in the last several months. Should any accounting positions come open I’ll post a link here.

Marketing and/or Operational analysts might fit the bill. Both research and then apply data to look at what is needed.

That might fit the bill. I’m not looking at this moment, but something I’ll take a look at in the next few months.

I love when this thread gets positive.

I LIKE THIS LIEK

I LIKE IT MORE.