Just when you though it was safe to ignore collectible card games, Mythgard shows up [review]

Where do you enter the codes?

Click on the store button on the main screen. If you scroll all the way to the right, past the stuff you can buy, the last option is “redeem code”. It used to be visible from the main screen, but the Winter War content has pushed it off to the right.

-Tom

Thanks! Jeez, I had a heck of a time looking for that.

Also, I couldn’t find the “redeem code” option in the Apple app, but it’s there in the browser version.

Oh wow, I had no idea there was a promo code for the new expansion. I’ll give it a whirl.

I’ve been playing the game every day since Tom’s review. At a minimum, I play three games, to win my three free cards. I usually play the PvE gauntlet, but lately I’ve been spending more time making my own decks, which can be tailored to whatever missions I currently have.

I’ve played exactly one PvP game so far, the first round of a PvP Gauntlet. I did win that game, but it stressed me out enough that I haven’t returned to it. I really like that Mythgard has so many PvE options.

If you want to play Mythgard as a legacy card game instead of a collectible card game, the developers will be giving away the core set for free next week. Starting on the 17th, they’ll be releasing codes for each color/faction that unlocks all of that faction’s core cards (i.e. everything that isn’t part of Rings of Immortality or Winter War). It’s tied into promotional deals with different press outlets, so the codes will be trickled out over multiple days, but eventually, all core cards will be free.

-Tom

Appreciate the heads-up!

Wow, I really appreciate the heads-up, as I’d been wondering whether I should go back to opening core-set packs. Fortunately, I’ve been opening Winter War packs since it was released.

I hope releasing all the core cards makes business sense for the studio. I really want this game to succeed. I still play it every day.

And here’s your code for all the blue core cards!

“DISCORDNORDEN”

Just a reminder that promo codes can’t be entered in the iOS version, but it’s available in the browser, Steam, and Android versions.

The promo code entry form can be found all the way to the right in the Store’s Home tab.

Cool thanks for the update! Claimed!

Edit: NVM. Got it!

Is there a code for today? Can’t seem to get into their discord channel.

Looks like yesterday’s came down at noon PST, so probably another 90 minutes.

Today’s code is for the full purple core set!
“WholesomeHarmony”

Cool thanks for the heads up. Registered it!

I need the green set and even the yellow, along with blue to complete the tri-colored good boy deck.

You’ll need to wait a little longer for green and yellow! The next code is for the orange core set:
“GodisaGeek”

I am the best at registering these codes!

Any new codes? I am not as good at this.

No new codes yet. The Mythgard folks have said the next batch of codes would be “spread out a bit” due to sites’ publication schedules.