KARDS: it's like Hearthstone, but with World War II

I tried a draft game last night. I really didn’t pay much attention to the cards I drafted or even understood how many worked, got my ass kicked and lost 3 straight, only the 3rd game was somewhat competitive.

On the other hand the AI provides no competition, never come close to losing a game.

I admire your bravery for trying draft. I’m doing pretty well in constructed, but I don’t feel I know the game well enough to try draft yet.

Yes, the AI is not competitive at all. Mostly I’ve been doing PvP, and in most cases I get matched up within 15-45 seconds. But if it takes longer than a minute, you can choose to play the AI for full ladder credit. I admit I don’t mind that. :)

I just discovered this a few days ago and am well down the rabbit hole. Anyone still playing and want to friend up?

Ran across KARDS last month and have been playing a game or two on most days since. Battles through the early ranks were really easy, but now that I’ve started running into people who are playing the better rare cards it’s getting quite a bit tougher to get wins. Tried a draft and went 3-3, which I was pretty happy with for a first attempt. I may try one of the campaigns soon, since I’ve got some gold from the daily wins and quests.

I basically spent all my gold and rewards building one really solid German deck and powered it through the ranks. I’m levelling my American deck now but it’s a lot harder work once you have blown through that early gold you get…

GLad to hear you guys are enjoying it. I played a couple campaigns and enjoyed the, a lot. The battles have a bit of historical flavor, and the rewards are nice. I think people recommend doing the British campaign first.

The Battle for the Bulge update is live, and there’s a free event running for the weekend where you can battle with the new stuff.

Came across this card for the first time today. What a great top-down design! For those not familiar, the Night Witches were an all-female WW II bomber Soviet bomber squadron. They flew these tiny flimsy wooden planes, with no radio or radar or guns or even parachutes. They’d fly over German troop concentrations, use flares to light up the targets, drop a couple of bombs, and go back to base to do it all over again. As this History channel article says:

So how does this work in the game? You play the Night Witches, and get three of these:

These bombers drop little bombs (just one attack) but generate more damage on the way out:

This kind of thing is why you play a game with a historical background!

That’s great! The historical context also makes it easier to play the game. Units do roughly what you’d expect. And it adds lots of flavor, as you say. On top of all that, you actually learn from this game. I’ve googled all sorts of Kards.

That said, I haven’t played in a while. I’ve been playing Runeterra, which has a wonderful PvE mode. Kards is still mostly PvP, yes? I will drop in and have a look around.

Yes, it’s mostly PvP, although it has an AI to test your decks on. It also has an unranked PvP mode which is also handy for testing your decks :)

This actually looks really good, thanks for bumping (one of the many things I apparently have, just never installed). But then Spock had to spoil it all by mentioning the Runeterra has a solid PvE mode… I’ve played that a bit, but didn’t realize at the time that PvE was a doable/complete thing on its own. Conflicted.

If you only have time for one, go with Runeterra. The Path of Champions mode alone makes it worth the time. I like KARDS well enough, but it’s not half the game that LoR is.

Unconflicted. Thanks!