Kassavin leaves gamespot

Someone played Warpath? I laugh at you.

What Charles isn’t telling you is that he developed Warpath and got a $1M advance from the publisher on it.

el oh el

I did work on it before I got a much better job on a much better project, for a much better developer who actually cares about things like: making good games.

You must really have no self-respect if you’d work for a company that doesn’t care about making good games!

It didn’t seem that way when I started.

I believe you, I was just riffing on the “I don’t tell anyone I’m a gamer” thread.

They were saying it a lot during the last episode of the hotspot.

Wow, this took me by surprise. I hope things work out well with his new endeavor.

I’ll be sorry to see Greg go… to me as well he was pretty much the face/voice of Gamespot.

I like the Gamespot reviews and playing guides enough to have subscribed, since I found myself using the site so often. Whenever someone mentions a game I don’t know about, my default is to read the Gamespot review. Whenever I’m playing a game and it’s clear I’m missing some key aspect, my first action is to download the Gamespot game guide.

I never had that much sense of who was at Gamepot, but it’s hard to remember a review that wasn’t done by Greg. I do hope this doesn’t reduce the value of the site for me.

I tolerate the Gamespot podcast, but it’s close to being on the chopping block…the same one that 1UP Yours recently fell subject to.

I don’t hate him. I just quite often disagree with his reviews. Gears of War a 9.6? What?! Let’s curb our enthusiasm. Another recent blunder is giving Zelda an 8.8. I remember disagreeing quite often over the years.

Let me guess, Zelda deserves an 11?

Actually, I thought the 8.8 for TP was about right (excepting general objections I have to the 7-9 scale.)

Commence pile-on.

What the hell happened with DE anyhow? One minute they were a blue chip developer of sorts and the next they are doing , well…Warpath.

I don’t even want to touch on Dark Sector…who knows what that’ll be next week…

If TP is an 8.8, then I don’t know what would get a 9 or 10. Seriously, how can you not put TP along with the top of the pack?

Saying that it’s not different enough from previous Zeldas doesn’t change the fact that it’s a top tier game.

• Chick said it took like 10 hours to get to the fun part
  • How bad is an 8.8 on the 7 to 9 scale, really?

It deserved a mid-9.

8.8 is high for a game that took ten hours to get to the fun stuff. I traded in my copy.

The age old question from movies is do critics make good film makers? Now let’s apply that to gaming. I really think that knowing what’s good or bad in a game someone else made doesn’t always translate to the skill of being able to design them yourself. I guess we’ll see.