Kids Need a Mexican for a Class Project

Wow, that’s pretty cool pic. But it’s nothing you don’t grasp pretty quick if you visit here. Seattle is a really white town. The suburbs are so white it’s even a little scary.

If you go down to Belltown, a lot of guys hang out under the Aurora bridge looking for day labor. I like the idea of calling the embassy, but you have to admit that a day laborer would result in a more interesting interview.

This is my point! Oh, wait. I see what you did there.

This sounds like the kind of shit I would typically suggest. What in the world is going on here.

You would be one of those parents whose kid would recieve the grade of F, Thongsy. And then you would be all mad.

Myabe that’s why I don’t have any kids. But seriously, is there a reason why it can’t be somebody from Cuba, Panama or some other Spanish speaking country? It sounds like the point of this is to prove the students can go and speak and hold a conservation with a native speaker. It would be somebody taking English classes and being told to find an English speaker from only England.

Mexican restaurant?

I am sure there is a reason, probably having something to do with the curriculum, but I’m not 100% clear on what the reason is. Your example is 100% correct. Fortunately they did relax the requirements and we got a Costa Rican.* Thank God!

*for robsam: Kids got a Costa Rican for their class project!

I love that Seattle is color blind and doesn’t even notice race, man.

An easy way to find out where people are from is to talk to them. I know it’s weird, but give it a try. At a bar, or at a restaurant, or in line at the grocery store, etc. I don’t do it because I don’t like talking to people, but my wife does it so I get roped into conversations. I know this is less easy if you’re on a deadline, but still. People generally like talking about themselves and where they’re from if you just talk to them like they’re people. You don’t say “HEY YOU MEXICAN?” you say “So where are you from?”

And then they say “Seattle” and you say “no I mean, originally” and they stare at you and you nervously laugh.

Dude, if you had posted this on Craigslist you’d be done with it already.

who went to a Mexican restraint

had the ICE guys arrested him?

When visiting relatives in Idaho 4-5 years ago we were surprised to learn how large a percentage of people living in Idaho are Mexican. I think it was in the 30% area.

It’s fun to watch everyone lash out at Tim in guilt at what their own brains came up with. The good news is that Costa Rican Spanish is considerably easier to understand than Mexican Spanish.

So, Two Sheds… You Mexican?

I saw this on TV last night. Tim was being played by Rob Schneider.

I have not problem understanding mexican spanish, the cuban spanish is easy too. The argentinian spanish is easy,but use a lot of different words (and are obsessed with making “mates”). But the best spanish ever is the one of colombia, these people language is supersweet.
Nobody likes spanish spanish (mine) because we talk like germans, with a very rough accent, all american spanish accents are much more smoother than our accent.

My region has a unique accent on the planet, people can tell the difference even if don’t understand spanish (I am maño). We put the accent on the final of the words, is a unique things that most languages and accents in the world do different.

I don’t know if you mean these “friends” are really your friends, but I’m certain none of my Hispanic friends would mind in the slightest if I asked whether or not they were Mexican. I mean, yeah it might sound odd to walk up to some random stranger and ask if they’re Mexican, but I don’t see why anyone you actually knew would be offended by the question.

I like that it was impossible for Tim to find a Mexican, but a Costa Rican was no problem.

To be fair, he was holding a shovel with a taco shell taped to it when he was asking.

H.