Killer 7

Let It Die is amazing. That’s one of the best free to play games ever made and it’s way up there among Suda’s best. No More Heroes is all about those boss fights. The rest is him poking fun at gamers, which is totally cool with me.

Anyway, everyone should play Let It Die. It’s awesome.

I bounced off of it after a while around when it came out because the “procedural” dungeons were actually about 3 pieces put in a random order (and re-used for about 10 floors each) and because at the time they allowed much higher level unkillable player characters to invade your game; I ultimately realized the intended content was never killing me, just the OP whale characters.

But the core combat was fun and interesting. I really felt they nailed the scavenged equipment mechanics; forcing the player to improvise but not so much that it became frustrating. I keep thinking about going back but never get around to it.

Maybe I need to give it a shot. Not touching Lolipop though.

I do recommend Killer7. At least to people who want to see something insanely different.

The initial mind-fuck confusion about what in the hell is going on here I don’t even…in the first hours of play is a glorious and rare thing in this medium.

Eh. I don’t like Killer 7 much at all. I didn’t think it was “fun” weird, it was just “tedious” weird, in that Japanesey try-hard way.

No More Heroes was the only really good game I played from Suda, although it’s a bit heavy on the pointless grinding bullshit activities.

Let it Die is actually really good… for a free to play game, but I stopped playing once I got hit by the paywall.

Gah, I admit it, I only bought Lollipop Chainsaw for the Rockabilly costume. :-(

What a weird game.

Sounds like someone had trouble with the invisible infinitely respawning kamikaze exploding enemies. Should have leveled the Hellion instead of Barefoot if you didn’t want to “Get fucked!” Auto-lock to the head every time.

Baseless jests aside, you play Killer7 for the story and the deep rabbit hole inside the giant fish swimming down the river styx it is.

really wished they included a save & quit option anywhere… sometimes the save rooms are far away. But I think it is part of the game that in some rooms Samantha just does not want to save …

Yeah I forgot about that. The faux Harman Room is a dick move although IIRC isn’t that a very rare occurrence? Japanese games just love making the save system part of the game instead of function outside of it.

Save anywhere though would be dangerous due to the re-spawning enemies in hostile rooms. You wouldn’t want to accidentally save right before a heaves smile gives you the last laugh as Gracian (possible fail state), so they would probably have to flag saving only in safe rooms…or Harman Rooms. :)