Killing Eve on BBC America

Really enjoyed the first episode - love the music in this show.

This fucking show

Is that, this fucking show rules or this fucking show sucks? (Curious since I haven’t gone back after season 1.)

Ha, sorry, I wasn’t clear: I’m really enjoying this season so far. The two main actors have such great chemistry - the bus scene (above) was hilarious and terrifying in equal measure.

I felt season 2 had lost its mojo, but season 3, so far, has my interest again. I am disappointed Villanelle seemed surprised to hear Eve was alive, would have made more sense that she hadn’t intended to kill her. She certainly makes sure of that with her underling in ep 2.

Side note, Eve is hiding out in New Malden, which is my town! That’s my high street. It is certainly a Korean ex-pat area, and we enjoy many of the fantastic Asian restaurants as a result.

… or you know… we did. About 6 months from now we will only be watching tv shows about people zoom conferencing.

It was a fun mini reveal, oh, Eve is NOT in Seoul?

Season 3 started off really well, but the last couple weeks have really meandered. Not a huge fan that Niko survived getting pitchforked. This show has problems letting go of characters.

With that said, no issues whatsoever with the fantastic French actress Camille Cottin joining the cast.

I agree that the last several episodes make me think they aren’t sure where they want to take the show. Which is sad because there are only two more episodes left in this season. I really did enjoy Villanelle’s adventures in Russia last week though, even if it didn’t really advance any of the plot lines.

One thing they consistently get right in the show is the music. Niko driving in his idyllic new home with the Moody Blues Dear Diary accompanying was sneakily cool.

Like i said, this show’s unwillingness to kill off characters is a problem, especially when they appear to be suffering from too many useless characters. Worse, these fake-outs with characters appearing to die but only somehow survive are getting tiresome.

Hey, one of the reactions I saw to the latest episode was that they found some nobody band’s cover of a Taylor Swift song.

It turns out, it was Taylor in disguise.

Killing Eve in 5 Minutes.

That was excellent.

News came out recently that Season 4 will be the show’s last. Decent run for a British show. Any predictions for an ending? … Maybe Eve and Oksana will flirt with the idea of being together, and then not be together?

I’m just hoping to see Oksana in pink hair again.

I don’t know if I’m in for season 4. The first season was absolutely brilliant, and the second one had its moments. But the third one just bored me to tears. It was trying so hard to be funny, to recapture that first season, but nothing was landing.

After the ridiculous Russian family episode I was ready to call it quits, but ended up watching the remaining half just in case they could pull a rabbit out of the hat, but shouldn’t have bothered.

I’m with you @jsnell the show wasn’t nearly as good after Phoebe Waller-Bridge left. Though I hope that it can recover in season 4. I was too distracted by world events to tune in last night to watch S4 E1 but if anyone else did do you think it worth a watch/a worthy distraction?

I didn’t realize (or maybe I had forgotten) that PWB was no longer involved with Killing Eve. I watched S4E1 and it was a lot of setup, mostly. For me, the metaconspiracy plotline is not as engaging as just enjoying the antics of the principal characters, so we’ll see where this season goes.

After two episodes of the new season, I’m probably going to watch to the end, but it’s been a guilty pleasure for quite some time and it doesn’t look like this season is going to redeem it. I find it hard to disagree with anything in this review:

This last season isn’t good but I’ll keep watching out of affection for the first season and the fantastic lead actors.

Episode 3 was better. Still not a patch on Season one though.

We finally caught up with the last season since the entire series was added to Netflix. You folks weren’t wrong, and season 4 just isn’t particularly good.

The writers functionally reached the narrative end point half way through the season and should maybe just have stopped there rather that vaguely circling the same ending for another 4 episodes.

Sandra Oh is still great, and at least Eve is allowed some character development. But Jodie Comer doesn’t have much to work with in season 4, and Villanelle just can’t reach the stylish highs that were seen in the first season.