Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Glad for the tips in here on the Talmberg ride, that was rough even with them. I’m playing in German for that extra dash of authenticity. I like how the Hungarian (I assume) isn’t translated in the subtitles.

Leg Day. I saw that one, but haven’t worked my way up to level 10 in Herbalism yet.

I am considering just using a couple of play sessions to focus on increasing stats/skills by doing things like wandering around picking herbs and flowers, using the bow to hunt, training with Captain Bernard and fighting in the tournament, picking the lock on the miller’s chest over and over, etc… It will be boring as hell, but it would lay a foundation that would make the game just a bit easier through these early quests and tasks.

Czech/Slavic I think. Hungarian is a peculiar language very much unrelated to anything else in Europe.

I think that’s the point. Skalitz, the town you’re from, is Czech. The soldiers who attack are clearly foreign in equipment and language, and it’s mentioned early on Sigismund is using Hungarian soldiers.

Although I guess this means playing it in German isn’t any more authentic…but I don’t think there’s an option for Czech voiceovers.

Ah, okay. I should play the game. It is installed already.

Ooh, Holy Roman Emperor Sigismund, who was present as a young man at the disastrous Battle of Nicopolis against the Ottomans? Quite the character, he was.

That was basically my reaction to the game when I realized how hard the combat was. I needed to make myself better any way I could.

The game basically starts after the death of Charles with Sigismund taking power from Wenceslas.

How come I can jump over fences, but my horse can’t?

Annoying.

The horse can, but it’s pretty annoying to get right, yeah.

Just an advice regarding the tournament, if you win, you will get a cool piece of an armor - but only one piece - to get the full armor set, you have to win multiple times. I only realized this after I finished the game so I only had gauntlets from it. Also the quest related to it with Black Peter is pretty cool, although I suggest saving the game after winning the tourney…

Very much enjoying these progress reports.

Indeed there isn’t and some czech gamers still don’t forgive Warhorse for it. The reason was that doing it properly would take around 6 months of time and the opportunity cost of it would not be worth it.
I’d like to have it as well, but then again I like english Henry so much I’d probably play with him anyway.

Yep. Later in the game I had enough money to get a room in every inn, but my favourite was still Sázava, where after waking up and leaving my room I get this view

To be more specific, he’s using Cumans, not really Hungarians, which were a steppe people given refuge in Hungary as they fled from the Mongols. Unfortunately for both peoples, that didn’t work out very well in the end.

Had my first official watch as a town guardsman last night. Henry is a walking disaster, no matter how I try to shepherd him away from confrontation, he just can’t stop himself. At least I didn’t get myself killed this time around, and I actually WON a fistfight against a noble, though I’m not sure how much that was me and how much it was scripted to make it easier for me.

In the end I wound up “promoted” to Sir Hans’ personal lackey. Good times. We went hunting, and I shot more rabbits than he did (getting decent with the bow now). He got himself into a spot of trouble though, and I can’t seem to get him out of it without getting myself killed. Looks like it may be a situation better suited to stealth than strength.

Can I ask this here: how does this game play with (Xbox) controller? I can’t use a mouse for FPS games.

Works great, in my opinion. I think it’s actually better/more natural than M&K, with the possible exception of lockpicking.

My 200 hour hardcore mode playthrough was with Xbox One controller - although I used a mouse for lockpicking on the first two or three character levels, it is easier with it. After levelling up a bit, it is fine with controller too.

Thank you gentlemen! I find a controller to be rough when aiming projectile weapons (Left 4 Dead) but really good for melee combat (Dying Light) so I assumed it would work well for the hand to hand in this game.

One of the nice features about the game is that there are often multiple ways you can solve a problem. Stealth is definitely an option, easier if you wait until night. Or if you’re waiting until nightfall anyway, you could try to ambush them - I’ve tended to find that quite effective with pairs of bandits, knock out one first, and then deal with the other one who invariably wakes from the noise in regular combat (at least in the early going - at the level I’m at now, I’m stealthy enough that I can murder dozens with no one waking).

My solution to that particular quest was to kill one of them with my bow (really worthwhile to get good at shooting that thing), and then defeating the other one in melee. But there are many options there.

I tried exactly one conversation with English voiceovers and haha no, back to German it is.

Sausau in my version of the game. I took that same picture. The colors are Wizard of Oz’ish. You know, when Dorothy lands in Munchkin Land.