Kingdom Come: Deliverance

The tournaments are good for training, and making some money. After you have trained a bit with each weapon style, and your ready that is. Just place a bet at the millers before hand. You’ll get money, some armor, and rank up a bit.

That is so strange to me. Like common sense logic would tell me that if anything, seeing your body should help with any nausea, not cause it.

Personally I absolutely love this body physicality - I can’t really think of any other first person RPG that has it to this degree, where opening doors means physically reaching for them, picking up arrows means actually picking them up, etc.

I wish you had a possibility to play on PC, since I think 60fps would also help quite a bit against any nausea.

My comment was written poorly. I blame the beer. Seeing arms and legs doesn’t make me nauseous while playing, I’m just not used to it.

Playing on the ps4 made me feel nauseous, and I attribute that to both frame rate and FOV. Playing on XSX has been a very good experience thus far, especially with the quick load times and smooth frame rate. I’m just experimenting with the limited options in FOV to see what feels the best. I think 70 is where I’ve decided. I’ve just gotten to Talmberg, so I’ll see how the walking around in those close quarters feels to me.

Hah, sorry for misunderstanding your comment. Yeah on XSX there should be no framerate drops at all and no texture pop-in. I am still annoyed by Warhorse not unlocking the framerate on next gen consoles though.

Talmberk is still a tutorial btw :) Or prologue. The game starts proper after waking up in a mill.

I think it has to do with the disconnect of how the limbs move and how you perceive the game. I never had problems with this or felt nausea or whatever but whenever games try to emulate this aspect it always comes across as having a camera mounted on top of a wire controlled puppet like this:

I’m still playing, though not hours at a time. Went through the Ginger quest line, found the charcoal burners, killed the two bandits (got really lucky, found their camp at night when they were undressed and unarmed and they still aggressively chased me around their camp and beat me up for probably 1/3 of my health by the time I put both down and looted everything), reported back, and now on my way to a town the game’s characters sound like they’re pronouncing as You Shits.

Poor Úžice :(

I think that’s the village where you can learn to read so make sure to take advantage of that

Henry is now literate. Or at least semi-literate.

My quest for Limpy Lubosh continues. A drunken night carousing with the local priest, frolicking in the barn with some village wenches, learning herbalism from a woods witch, following three women in the woods at night who’ve smeared a poisonous ointment on their cunnies. This game is. . .something. I’m enjoying it quite a bit, though I suspect the combat mechanics will never grow on me much. But the rest of it so far has been rather endearing.

This is an amazing interview with co-founder of Warhorse Martin Klíma. What a life!

If you happened to do those things in the opposite order the other quest would auto fail.

Suffice is to say I had to reload a previous save.

Looking at my game time, this games was long. Also I remember having more money than what I could do with. The early game is probably special.

This is available as part of the Playstation Plus Extra Supreme Double Whopper plan (or whatever it’s called), so I downloaded it and fired it up this weekend.

Wow! It’s very engaging! My daughters were watching me play and I don’t think they’ve been as interested in seeing what would happen in a game as they were with this. I’m only a few hours into it (just returned to my starting town to bury my parents) but it really has its hooks in me. This is the first game I’ve ever played where looting a corpse felt icky and not just like a game mechanic.

How much better are the graphics on the PC? Faces are a bit janky on the PS5 (playing the PS4 version).

Assuming it’s the same as the difference between Xbox and PC, the difference is quite large. I made the mistake of trying the PC version first and just couldn’t “settle” for the lesser Xbox version after that.

But since you’re already in the middle of a game on PS5 and are already several hours in, just avoid looking at the PC version and you should be fine, I would think.

It is a pretty huge difference, especially in texture quality and lot less pop-in. And of course 60fps makes the game much more pleasant to play (at least for me).

Unlike Rock8man, I would easily suggest restarting on PC. This is a large game - my playthrough with all DLCs took me around 200 hours, doing all quests I found - so if you have a possibility of higher quality of experience, I’d take it.

And by the way, you are still in prologue.

Heh. I haven’t played much of the game, but I’ve done “Run!” three times, once on Steam, once on Xbox version and once on Win10 version, so I was tired of replaying that part, and I thought Clay might feel the same way.

Once you “figure it out” it isn’t too bad.

Oh, it’s not “Run” that I mind replaying. It’s all the little villager things in the starting village leading up to it.

I guess that is the set up and part of the tutorial. I found that pretty dull.

The prolong is long, plus I did A Women’s Lot DLC right after which is basically the prolong AGAIN but from a different character perspective so it was EXTRA long.