Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is such a lousy name

It’s broken at 4K (missing text, including a completely blank quest log), and I don’t like running games at below my desktop resolution, so I didn’t make it very far. I bet a remaster would fix that.

Edit: I see I already said that. :P

This is one of those games I played for a dozen hours probably and have always meant to go back to. Maybe this will be the reason to do so, but a lot of recent remasters have not been very encouraging.

I don’t either, but years ago I got used to (and now enjoy) playing games in a Window at their native resolution.

It’s been a long time, but I remember being cautiously positive about Amalur. As I recall, the first five hours were extremely strong, but then the next 20+ hours were just more of the same, without any real changes.

The game really varies wildly depending on what spec, weapons, and crafting you use. It’s entirely possible to make an unkillable, one shotting AOE death machine, it’s also possible to make a kitten that’s been declawed. I stumbled on the death machine on my first playthrough, and it killed any replayability for me which is a shame, because it was pretty fun overall.

Not the AOE part, but you pretty much just described every playthrough of the Elder Scrolls and stealth archery for me. :( Every time I tell myself “Okay, don’t use a bow and stealth this time, dummy” and then before I know it I’m creeping through a dungeon headshotting people with a bow!

Don’t feel bad. Everybody says this, then caps fools as stealth archer anyway. It’s how Bethesda games are built. If you’re not one-shotting mobs from stealth, you aren’t playing them as designed.

And by the way this is official now, no longer a rumor or leak -

ALL its DLC’s - Great. We get to buy them again!

Is this an assumption you are making, or confirmed to be not a bundle? It doesn’t indicate you have to re-purchase them, just that they will also be remastered.

An assumption.

While THQ Nordic has done some nice remasters, they are also responsible for Titan Quest remaster, where the console versions really, really suck, and were mostly broken for …over a year? Then they sell the DLC seperately as well, for that particular 11 year old game.

I am interested in the game, but man - This is one game I will wait and see for quite some time before purchasing. Again.

Looks like the base game is ten bucks on steam and then the DLC is about the same price, so I guess the question is would you prefer the base game to be $10-20 for the remaster and the DLC to be $10 each or the remastered bundle be all one thing and it costs $50?

The remastered version of Titan Quest includes the expansion that was remastered. The DLC they are selling is newly developed specifically for the remaster.

No, it wasnt - on consoles, which is what I have experience with. That was only on PC. And the worst part about that, was the total wall of silence - On the Xbox One the game barely functioned for a year. Summons were horrible and had little or no targetting, spell targetting didnt really work either, and quite a few spells were wonky, or outright not working as well, for a long time.

Look - Reckoning is a great game, and this is fine news. I am just rather cautious of how they handle these things, because their past records isnt all sunshine and flowers.

edit: To clarify - as can be seen below, my issue with DLC were not correct. I dont know to have make a line through it to mark it as wrong, though.

You are incorrect. The console edition of Titan Quest included all content from Immortal Throne. Ragnarok and Atlantis are new development post-remaster.

Stunning visuals

boughted

Ahh - you are correct. Then the DLC issue is my perception. Sorry about that.

I still would be quite wary of how they handle the game itself, again, based on my xbox one experience of the game itself.

That is totally fair. It sounds to have been a mess.

Oh my gosh, it actually says “stunning visuals” in the description. That has to be an industry inside joke by now.

Sir, this is the internet. You do not back down. You do not apologize. You dig in and, by God, you start hurling personal insults if necessary. But you do not back down!