Kingmakers - Gettin' Medieval Strategy Shooter

Starts out innocent enough…

From the developers of Road Redemption, the modern Road Rash game.

Their choice of YouTube thumbnail rather gives away the gimmick!

Yeah, not happy about that. I wish people could find it the way I did on Twitter. There was nothing to indicate what was coming… lol

Where’s the Deadites?

Someone at Resetera referred to it as “Mount and Glock”. lol!

That’s how I saw it too. Looked pretty straight forward then the pickup truck mowing down everyone

Not what I was expecting and I’m actually curious how it plays.

Rick Grimes Gun GIF

I think this is what is usually described as “gloriously stupid”.

This sounds like it could be very fun co-op. Though I suspect that it could be very difficult to balance the gameplay, given the variety of tools on offer.

First thing that stood out to me was that pickup did not take nearly enough damage hitting a full grown human man in full body armor.

But, I think the stupid-ness is the point. What a crazy idea. Gives me vibes of that other shooter where you traveled through time back to the Civil War, with like fully automatic weapons? I can’t remember the name, it was an X360 era title.

Don’t know about the game, but that sure sounds like Turtledove’s Guns of the South or something very much like it. So-so book with a kind of interesting concept.

Medieval : Total WTF!

I’m probably in if it hits a price point less than $30. Looks like lots of stupid fun.

I found it