Last Call BBS: Zachtronics' new game

Ah, you’re right! I knew that monsters needed dead ends but I forgot that dead ends need monsters. So I guess that’s where my current solution is way off… Eight dead ends without monsters! :)

Thanks!

For what I’ve played from Picross games, I liked that you could methodically use logic to narrow down the next square to cover or rule out.

But so far with this game, it feels like I have to do a lot of looking ahead with moves. Like if the treasure room is placed in this position, and its entrance is over here, then there’s no way there can be a passage here, etc.

It’s a quite a bit more mental work (or trial and error?) than I was hoping for, haha.

Yeah, I like that little bit of trial and error in this game. After I got the hang of it, I had a number of the later, supposedly-challenging puzzles where I could just read the numbers, lay down a few walls around the treasure room, then fill in the rest for a quick win. Made me feel like a genius! :D

I usually don’t go for these kinds of logic puzzles but I’m a sucker for that dungeon theming.

Urethra! I solved the last Dungeons and Diagrams puzzle!

After I worked on it long enough, I started to realize that there were only certain configurations of tiles that worked in certain rows… so the guessing game slowly narrowed down and gave way to confidence that I was on the right track. Still, it was a much harder puzzle for me than all the rest.

This TEC message that came through upon solving all the puzzles seemed very self-referential for Zach as he’s closing up shop and moving on to new things.