Last Epoch: ARPG somewhere between Path of Exile and Diablo.

That’s terrible, sorry to hear that. Just to weigh in on the online/offline thing, I have half a dozen offline hardcore characters and haven’t suffered from this bug. It’s a shame it’s still present.

I finished the game with my rogue, but not in hardcore - I got surprised by a hard hitting enemy around chapter 7 and she respawned as non-hardcore, which is nice. The last chapter or two of the game is quite hectic and I died several times after that so I wouldn’t have made it anyway :)

Now doing a necromancer who is melting everything but still in the easy part of the game with her.

I completed all three quests in Fall of The Outcasts and picked Black Sun to go to next. However it says Black Sun is locked. Outcasts still says I need to “Discover the remaining branches of the timeline.” Does that mean I have to find every single node in Outcasts?

Edit - Never mind. All I had to do was run to the Northeast to get to the Black Sun. The wording seemed very confusing, to me anyway.

Is there a shared stash? I have been leveling a rogue but found a couple of neat set pieces and artifacts that would be great for leveling a beastmaster. I created a primalist and ran to the refuge with it’s stash chest and I can’t see any of the rogue’s stuff. Both characters are online characters.

They really need to explain some things better - I spent a ton of time without any idols because my loot filter was filtering them out!

Yes, there’s a shared stash. It’s possible you selected the option to not do that (think it’s called “found”?), I haven’t played online, though. Possible that works differently of there’sa bug, perhaps.

Some of the timelines have a dialogue choice that branches them, so you have to do it twice to count as completed.

Thanks @Mysterial . I figured out the problem.

The Lazy Peon loves LE: Last Epoch in 2023 - YouTube

Grabbed this to tide me over until D4, and rather liking it. Not far in, just early 20s on a Sorc, but it seems to offer a somewhat different angle (or at least an angle that blends stuff from different ARPGs) on the genre. It’s a bit jarring to get over the inability to map a basic builder attack to the left mouse button like in Diablo, but I think I have finally gotten over that.

One thing that does make me scratch my head is how the game handles porting. Not the travel itself, which seems straight-forward, but the gameworld. When I port to town, and then back, I find that the map of the place I had just been is no longer as explored as it was when I left, and everything, including chests, has respawned. Almost always I come out of my port surrounded by mobs (immunity timer makes this safe but a bit disconcerting nonetheless). It’s a sort of weird way of doing things, and it makes navigating the often interminable and sometimes drab tunnels more difficult, as I tend to get lost.

Zone persistence was something that they had talked about getting into place with the multiplayer release, but I’m guessing it slipped for v0.9. So it’s something that’s just not implemented yet rather than a design choice.

It does get better fairly soon after level 20; for some reason they put the most drab/generic environments at the start of the game. Happily there’s a lot of care and attention paid to later environments, lots of nice details and in-jokes. They will essentially remain tunnels though.

I’m in the wind-down phase with the game now, but absolutely loved it. I finished the campaign on hardcore, and didn’t find the post-campaign endgame too interesting, unfortunately. But I had a great time, and am still dipping in and out.

Thats good to hear, since I was also getting a bit irritated with that.

Huh? I play with the gamepad but I am able to remap the basic attack just fine. Or did you mean something else particular the sorc (I play primalist atm)?

With M+K the left mouse button just moves your character, where in most ARPGs left mouse is move if you click on empty space or basic attack if you click on an enemy. But here you’re locked in to just move with it.

LMB is set to movement and can’t be rebound currently. You won’t notice on controller because you move with the stick.

I never really noticed because binding LMB to walk was how I always set these games up. I think their last update mentioned they’re going to add the ability to assign it an attack.

EDIT: The 0.9G patch notes mention they’re working on it.

This is a bug, fyi.

There will be more campaign chapters. I’ve only done a tiny bit of the monolith and none of the dungeons. Are the dungeons any good?

I’m not a big ARPG person and found them…okay, if a bit underwhelming. But they do have some neat mechanics to explore. Each seems to have four difficulties or tiers - they are not gated apart from needing a key, but you have to do, for example, the first tier of Lightless Arbor which has a recommended level of 20 before you can access the second one, which has a level of 66 I think. The first tier of Temporal Sanctum, the other one I tried, has a recommended level of 56 or 58, so they vary.

At around level 55 I tried the level 20 one (underwhelming :) ), the level 66 one (got my backside handed to me) and the level 56 one (very doable but I failed on crowd control just before the boss). There is a fair density of enemies in there so the danger was mostly in retreating from one threat and activating a load of other mobs.

There is a fair amount of backtracking because of shut doors/blockers which got a bit annoying after a while. I got some decent uniques which definitely drop at a much higher rate, but I’m starting to think uniques are a bit of a trap in this game, maybe you can wear one or two but you really need all the benefits crafting provides.

How does one get a key at level 20?

They do drop randomly in normal fights, but you might only see two or three per full playthrough like that. Otherwise you farm them in the monolith, I believe. I was very surprised to see that I had to go through the level 20 dungeon as I thought they were end-game content and steered clear of them until my HC chars died. I guess that’s there for trying it out in the course of a game.

From your stash?

Good to hear about the LMB and move/action thing being a bug. I confess I am pretty hard-wired at this point to a Diablo-style control scheme.