Last Epoch: ARPG somewhere between Path of Exile and Diablo.

Lotsa chunky “combat feel” improvements in tomorrow’s patch. Can’t wait!

I actually like the story in Inquisitor a lot, but I’m glad they recently added the option to skip it if you’ve finished it previously.

Ohhh, can’t wait my own self!

So I’ve now lost two hours to this today, and it’s been very violent fun. I now have a stone golem and four skellies following me around, and they do a great job as I leech the life and curse enemies from afar. Great fun.

They talk about and demonstrate some of the combat feel improvements at the timestamp here. Tons of individual VFX improvements as well.

The story is one of the things that keeps me from playing PoE anymore. I’ve played through the same acts over and over, I don’t want to have to do it again. Let me create a character and jump into wherever I want to kill stuff like D3 adventure mode.

This looks great!

Is this the game by ex-Blizzard North devs (original Diablo I & II devs)?

Yeah, I’ve checked in on this one a number of times and it always left me feeling a bit meh. That video above looked pretty nice, though

No, if you’re talking about the recent Moon Beast productions, who are working on an ARPG, they haven’t announced a name for their game yet, it’s too early.

If you’re talking about Notoroious studios, who are making Project Honor, this isn’t that either.

And this isn’t Dreamhaven, who have Moonshot Games and Secret Door under their wing.

Sweet, nice collection of links! Some new titles/studios for me to keep an eye on. :)

Lost a couple more hours to this today. Combat feels crunchier, which I like.

I mean, OG QT3 readers see PoE and think Old Man Murray.

Sweet! I’m in queue to login in looks like. Not unexpected, not ideal for me, but great news for them. Project has come a long way from a couple part-timers dinking around trying to make their own ARPG.

I now have the pensive Obi Wan look on my face.

I played offline to keep going with my Acolyte, and the difference between the murder yesterday and the murder today is definitely noticeable.

That’s awesome to hear. Have you chosen a mastery yet, or just the base Acolyte? Any idea which way you’re going?

I’ve not leveled up enough to choose a mastery yet, but I’m totally going necromancer once I do.

Had some fun starting a bow focused Rogue. Bow feels less frustrating than a lot of M&K bow controls in ARPGs. Must be the hit boxes for click on enemies.

Anyway, leveling up that first volley skill and specced it to be a channeled skill, so she’s basically a machine gunner. Can’t imagine how tired her arm gets doing that.

Been trying to log in and give the new patch a go, but queue is being uncooperative. May try again after supper.

Just play offline.

Offline is tempting, but the main thing I’m looking forward to is playing with friends and yet another offline character doesn’t help with that. :(

They’ve fixed the issue with the queue, just FYI. There were some bad servers that people were getting stuck in, so basically the queue wasn’t moving. I restarted the game and was able to get in without issue.