LawBreakers - CliffyB's Boss Key joint

With dude-bro marketing to boot, which probably alienated more casual players from even looking too hard at it.

21 average players online. http://steamcharts.com/app/350280

That’s 2 full games being played if I remember correctly, its 5v5 right?

When is this coming out?

-Tom

Thursday, 1 January 1970.

Linux nerd!

Perfect, I’ll be 358 days old to play it

I’m waiting for the announcement that the developer is stopping support for this game. I imagine they’re waiting for the cut off point for credit card refunds (6 months?) which takes us into Feb. They’ve been radio silent for a while now.

Saw on Reddit, that Gamestop won’t even accept the game for trade in. Epic!

Oh man, I’m going to have to go to Ebay and get a physical copy of this game.

And the final word…

http://bosskey.com/news/uncategorized/april-2018-studio-statement/

“We’re totally going to give this game a second life!”

Said while walking out the door.

I would plop down the full $30 tomorrow if they released decent AI bots with an offline skirmish mode.

Surely “We’re totally going to give this game a life” would’ve been a more accurate empty platitude.

And looks like they’re gone. Which is a shame; they may have had their issues, but I know several folks there, and they’re good people who are now out of work. Of course, given the area of the country they’re in, and how senior most of the team was, they’ll probably all be able to land on their feet.

edit Whoops! Should’ve posted this in the Radical Heights thread. I hate cross posting, so perhaps I’ll just let it migrate there. Or here. Same company, so discussion I assume can occur in either place.

A real combo of bad luck and some bad decisions. The game itself is good, but it had its reputation damaged by the free 2 play label, then went paid, but released at a time when people who play these games already had Overwatch and Paladins and what not. And there are no bots, no campaign, so zero interest from people like me. And to top it off, some questionable marketing.
I wonder what will Cliff and others do next.

This is why multiplayer-only games suck. Once the players leave, all that content and effort is wasted forever. If you build a singleplayer campaign, people will still be playing it for years to come.

What the heck…?
This game just went free2play. I thought BossKey had closed their doors?

It’s the zombie of CliffyB.

CliffyB gotta gas up his Lambos somehow, comprendé?