Left 4 Dead PC or 360?

Per wikipedia:

Since the release of Team Fortress 2, Valve has continuously released free updates and patches through Steam. Development of the new content has been confirmed for the Xbox 360, while development for the PlayStation 3 was deemed “uncertain” by Valve. The updates include new official maps and game modes, as well as tweaks to classes and new weapons that can be unlocked through the game’s achievement system. Along with continued development from Valve, Team Fortress 2 is also being expanded by fans with the tools used to create the game. Valve has included some of the most popular community-created levels in these updates. The developers negotiated with Xbox 360 developer Microsoft to keep the Xbox 360 releases of these updates free, but Microsoft refused and Valve announced that they would release bundles of several updates together to justify the price. A current series of updates sees the classes gaining alternate weapons with different abilities. The medic, pyro, and heavy updates have been completed. Eventually, all classes will be updated. Valve has created a blog to keep players up to date with the ongoing developments in Team Fortress 2.

Does Left 4 Dead have split-screen for 360?

Really? That makes my decision very easy. Nothing like playing with people in the same room.

Nope, couch which doubles as bed. Nifty-thin Mac keyboard for regular use, with mouse resting on elevated handrest, but gamepad where I can. So I play Fallout 3 practically lying down, drooling all over :)

I use the 360 and computer(s) on the same table next to/in front of me. Win/Lin computer shares monitor with the 360 via a HDMI switcher. Total bachelor pad setup!

(Thank goodness for the stiffness and thickness of Game Programming Gems, or I’d have trouble with the mouse)

Ok. If that’s true and they release the content I will take back my previous statement.
But ONLY IF THEY RELEASE THE CONTENT!
Otherwise I will NOT!

Yes, it does.

I’ll be getting the 360 version unless it turns out be a bad port and am forced to go with PC.

God, you PC people are annoying.

360 for me due to a vastly larger pool of potential co-op players on my friends list.

I considered putting this in its own thread, but considering I’m talking to the small subset of readers who are buying Left 4 Dead on 360, and also preordered the game, then this probably makes more sense tucked away in this thread. So anyway:

I took advantage of the preorder deal with Gamestop mentioned in the bargain thread a little while back, and last night got an email that the 360 Left 4 Dead demo will be available today, and includes a code for grabbing it. It apparently includes multiplayer (I think?) so if anyone else is in my situation and wants to give it a go tonight or this weekend (or until we get our copies of the actual game) look me up, gamertag is divedivedive.

I can’t imagine what it would contain except multiplayer!

It contains 2 levels, both single and multiplayer. Co-op only it seems.

Which is fine, I love it for my 360. I didn’t know you could get demo’s earlier through redeem codes on it.

Well, you understand that in regards to this game, I don’t really mean ‘single player’ in the usual sense. It’s more like co-op with bots, or at least that’s my understanding. I’ll let you know once I’ve tried it.

So I’ve downloaded and played through a bit of the demo. On single player, by the way, and as I had thought this involves three bots assisting your path through many many zombies to a safehouse. I only played the first act but it’s great. I can’t wait to try it with buddies, I hope some of you guys end up buying this for 360.

I’m impressed with the weapons, for one thing – the shotgun has real power, and longer range than I am used to having in most games. It’s obvious as someone pointed out in one of these Left 4 Dead threads that the living have all the power, but the undead have seemingly endless waves to throw at you, and at completely random moments as far as I can tell. It’s very tense.

I did notice that individual zombies are pretty easy to pick off – I realize that sounds obvious, but I left one building to a street exit and there were three zombies wandering along the other side of the street, maybe 30 or 40 feet apart. I was able to shoot them individually without the others picking up on it or attacking me, at least until I shot at them in turn. Kind of disappointing.

You must be some sort of PC hermit. Between the Qt3 Steam group (399 members), the Gamers with Jobs group (758 members) or the Rock, Paper, Shotgun group (1,711 members) you’d probably be able to scrap together a game now and again. Does Live still have a friends cap, and not support community groups?

There are already custom maps appearing for the PC version, splitscreen has been hacked in, and people have already modded the game to include even tougher difficulties and to allow more than 4 players.

360 lol

Console players find free maps SOO ANNOYING!!!

I thought it was aiming that they found annoying. ;)

People play split screen on the PC? How on earth does that work? You plug in two mice and two keyboards? That’s just bizarre. Or do you play with gamepads in that situation?

Christ, tougher difficulties? Expert is already a total clusterfuck. In a good way, I hasten to add.

It seems to only work with two gamepads. 360 controllers (wired or wireless w/ recharge kit) work fine.

I’ve been playing the 360 demo with friends and it seems to work great, not a single moment of lag and the controls feel nice and precise.

Game is also hilariously awesome. We beat it first try on Advanced but haven’t got through Expert yet, which is clearly the way to play.