Legitimate offshore prescription drug sources?

JeffL: I found this thread because this week my doctor has decided to not prescribe the only headache medicine that has worked for 15 years, Fiorinal w codeine, any longer. The doctor I had for 25 years retired, he regularly prescribed it because he knew I end up in the ER regularly for pain shots if I get one and don’t take it. Then it would take days to get off that stuff from the ER and then the headache would come back. We tried dozens of medications but this one was a miracle and works 99% of the time. This new doctor is a new doctor to begin with, just out of med school and is now refusing to prescribe it. I’m stuck now with no headache medicine and I will get a horrific one within a week or two because I have for decades. I’m beyond upset to see you never did find somewhere to buy it online w/o a prescription. I am not looking forward to the hell that will happen to me soon. I’m not a drug addict or seeker. I work in a law firm and am a single mom and work hard and am a really good mom. I just get these horrible tension migraines and they can last days and nothing in the world works on them. Let me know if you happen to have any fresh ideas. I joined just to try and contact you to see if you have any hail marys. I couldn’t find a way to privately message you so am posting it here, hoping you will respond back. Thx for posting because it gave me hope for a bit, until I saw you never did find a place…but luckily, for you, your dr. was able to start prescribing it again. Let me know if you have any ideas for me, who is less fortunate. Thx soooooo much :)

Well. If you’re a bot, you’re a well spoken bot. :)

hahaha, true0. I put a lot of personal and private info in there, ensuring I’m not a bot. The situation stinks and I’m going to end up in the ER which is not a good place to be so this is my last hope. So many shady people ruined it for those of us who actually need certain medications for medical reasons. Fingers crossed the original poster or someone gets back to me who has a way to get this vital medication.

What is your opinion on whether or not Katie Holmes had a stroke?

I can understand the fear of being labeled a drug seeker. I have a hiatal hernia. When I have an episode the pain is incredible. I usually tough it out at home, but occasionally I go to a hospital. Once I describe my pain I am usually given a shot of morphine or Demerol. Then I want to leave. I know what I have, I don’t need a battery of tests that will cost thousands of dollars and not tell me anything new. Thats when the nurse says, “You can leave. But you may be tagged as a drug seeker.” Fuck me.

I think I was catfished!

They’re doing that now? Wow. Hopefully, I won’t get another kidney stone anytime soon.
Last time I had to actually go to the ER for one of those was back in 2004. After doing a CAT scan to verify that it was in fact a kidney stone, they gave me a shot of Dilaudid, which helped immensely, and then sent me home with a bottle of pain pills, and the stone passed soon after.

I still actually have a few of those pills left in the cupboard, because for kidney stones, they simply do not help with the pain. The only thing that did help was the ER shots of Dilaudid, and while I did ask, they would not send me home with any of that stuff. :-)

I do have genuine sympathy for anyone that is suffering with chronic pain during this War On Opioids, because while it did not work for my particular pain, it can help with a wide variety of other pains.

I think one of the problems is that doctors no longer have enough time to work with patients on pain management, whether it be with drugs or other methods.

Last time I went in for a physical, which used to take most of an hour to complete ten years ago, I was hustled through it in 20 minutes because the clinic was so backed up, and it took 3 months just to get the appointment. And without insurance, I would have been billed something like $800. …And I’m wandering off-topic.

No option to get it repaired? My 77 yr old mother finally had hers repaired last month. Hers had got so bad she could barely eat anything anyway so was willing to risk the side effects.

My PCP said it might just get worse after surgery. I wasn’t willing to have that happen. If I watch how and what I eat I’m okay. No attacks for a long while now, knock wood.

Sorry, I was off my computer… just getting back on to see if the original poster responded to my question because it was in regards to one particular medication we both took.

Yeah, being labeled a drug seeker would be cruel since we are clearly actually IN PAIN, therefore needing something more than the typical advil or other prescribed medicines. That’s why we shlep to the ER even though it’s a horrible and long experience. Hopefully I’ll find the prescription I’m looking for that my dr will no longer prescribe simply because it has a dash of narcotic in it. I will end up in the ER w/o it if I get a horrific migraine though and be ticked that all I needed was that prescription to keep me out of it. He did send me to pain management but my appt isn’t until the end of the month, it’s a miracle I haven’t had one since. Hoping for another miracle I won’t get one til after that appt.

Wasn’t actually done with that comment! Also was trying to add I’m sorry about your hernia. The pain is so bad, I know, I’ve had friends with them plus I’ve had an intestinal issue that causes stabbing pain every so often and no prescriptions help. How horrible a nurse said you may be tagged as a drug seeker if you leave simply because you don’t want thousands of tests WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT IS WRONG! That nurse clearly hasn’t gone through what you and I have. Can you be referred to a Pain Management doctor?

Probably should lock this thread :P

Agreed

At over 11 years old, this is considered to be a Classic Thread.
You cannot simply lock a classic thread.

Can you fly a griffin in one?

Reported