Let Us Argue About Food. Be Nice.

Fight me.

Now, I can understand if you are just talking about those pre-packaged bags of microwave popcorn, but you can make popcorn in the microwave, and the result is identical to air popped popcorn. It’s just faster.

Did you see that microwave popcorn bowl thing I posted up somewhere? It’s just a nordicware bowl, designed for popping corn. You put the kernels in, in 2 minutes it’s full of popcorn. Then you put on whatever you want, and you’re good to go.

I would agree that popping corn in oil actually makes a superior end result, but is also a pain in the ass by comparison. But compared to air popping? You gotta try the nordicware microwave bowl. I think you can get one for $7 on amazon.

Ultimately, a microwave does one thing:
It boils water.

Anything that requires you to boil water, a microwave can do well.

So nice.

I like the collapsible silicon ones, like

Wtf do you people not have access to skillets

Turns out we are not frontiersmen on the prairie anymore, Kemosabe.

Or Links in the Korokoi Fields, uh, Zeldasabe

Look I just watched a 20 minute video of a spastic twig-man cooking all the recipes from BotW and eating them, my brain’s in a weird place.

another mind castle?

I use the nordicware popper in the microwave with popcorn oil and it comes out effing amazing. With that and the correct salt and butter oil it’s pretty hard to tell apart from movie theater popcorn.

Isn’t that a soft of frying pan?

I always assumed a pot makes more sense? ie The popped corn has more room to go to since pans are pretty shallow…

What about Jiffy Pop? I recall that being a campsite survival food.

Still is. Used them on a family camping trip a couple of months ago. Delicious.

you haven’t been to ABV yet have you?

Mostly been too busy planning the move to go out places the last month.

Back to beer, I’m in this boat too. Lately I’ve been drinking sours, because they’re popping up at all the local breweries. And hard kombucha is starting to be a thing–we even have an entire pub devoted to it.

Peanut butter stout, huh? Peanut butter is usually my favorite flavor of anything, but the one stout I tried was, blunty, pretty awful. Belching Beaver seems to have a pretty popular one I see lots of places; I’ll have to give it a try. Do you have any others you recommend?

So the one I was thinking of was actually a Porter, not a stout. Anyhow a semi local (about 100 miles away) brewery in Oregon has one called the Nut Crusher that I like

https://www.wildridebrew.com/brews

Also that June Shine place is about the most west coast thing imaginable. Gluten free, organic, alcoholic kombucha with a green patina to the operation.

Totally. It’s 100% San Diego. And about a 10 minute walk from my apartment. Kombucha’s not bad either. Win!

Also Carne Asada fries. It is usually all the contents that are in a California burrito placed on top of a large pile of fries. It is in reality a two-person meal as it is usually too big to finish in one sitting by myself.

For Breweries in San Diego I always recommend Alesmith and Societe because they have many options, not just a million IPAs. Alesmith for a long time only ever had exactly ONE IPA year-around. Not sure if things have changed since they have a much larger space. Societe specializes in Belgians and they have a Dry Irish stout year-around. I use to board game their every weekend for 3 years straight. But if you want that authentic office park back alley brewery in a storage garage feel…Mike Hess is where it is at.

The not burger burger coming to stores, even though the restaurants can barely keep it in stock.

Impressive they are rolling them out to all Burger Kings. That will be a big draw no doubt.