Let Us Argue About Food. Be Nice.

I wouldn’t purchase one from a straight up burger joint, especially if they have really good burgers. But I’ll get one and make it at home to try it.

Wait a minute, if it’s just now becoming available in grocery stores, what the hell have I been serving to my vegetarian Friday night gaming buddy? It was definitely planty, not beefy. Must investigate.

E: Yup, it was Beyond Meat. Thanks!

Beyond Meat?

Yeah they have beets in them. You can taste it.

Almost definitely this. It was the next big veggie burger until impossible showed up and ate its lunch.

Pretty sure their stock price is dropping like a rock.

I didn’t particularly like the one I had. Looking forward to trying Impossible.

Anyone else familiar with Japanese style peanuts? I discovered them on Amazon last month while looking for easy work snacks, and now I’m addicted. They’re from Mexico, and I have no idea what makes them “Japanese”, but they are just really tasty peanuts with an unusually strong crunch.

Impossible is way better IMO.

It’s still a veggie burger though. Harder to tell though in a pinch if it’s covered in condiments.

I was a vegetarian for several years and I still like Morningstar Farms products. Looking forward to it.

The one I had at Red Robin was pretty darn good, unless it gave me hives, which I can’t tell until I try it again. the problem was. it’s like 2 dollars more. If it was the same price, I would’ve been… indifferent which is pretty awesome considering that’s not meat, or at least mostly not… reading how this stuff is made is… interesting.

Next stop, vat grown meat.

Or a more extreme option if we destroy the planet enough.

I bet it’s MSG. Ajinomoto invented it after all.

Note I don’t believe the BS about MSG.

My local burger place offers the beyond/impossible now but it’s $13. Beef burgers are $6. Ermmm.

I’ve always been a fan of fake burgers, like morningstar patties, or boca burgers.

They taste good.

I get the impression that this new fancy burger is more like a regular hamburger in terms of texture.

They’re good. But paying $7 a day extra is like $2000 a year.

Are you eating burgers every day?

I would eat a burger daily if given the option. :)

Are the beef and impossible burgers the same, except for the patty? If so, it seems like your burger place is trying to layer on substantial extra profit on the impossible, which is unfortunate. My understanding is cooking and handling them is little different than for beef burgers, so it isn’t a labor thing.