Lieberman goes for prez

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/01/13/lieberman.announce.ap/index.html

Great, another impossible choice. Do you pick the megalomaniac or the man who’d ban everything?

Somebody hasn’t read the latest Three Finger Salute.

Eh?

Lieberman has virtually no chance to win the nomination. The rank and file really doesn’t like him.

Look, I’m a Jew myself, but there’s no way in hell America would elect a Jewish president given today’s world situation.

Heck, I’m waiting for an agnostic candidate. I dislilke hearing religious overtones in political speeches.

We already have.

ugh, the Lieberman.

im here to make the rest of you look pretty dam good

We already have.[/quote]

You do know that Hamilton wasn’t president?

As for Lieberman, it’s his ties to big accounting that bug me.

Troy

I’m just curious – you do know that this announcement came almost two months ago, right?

As for Lieberman’s chances, well, he’s one of the only Dems with national visibility right now, but I agree he probably doesn’t have much of a chance. Then again, you never know – he’s got some really good people working for him and might be able to pull off a stunner (ala Clinton in 92). As for the rank & file not liking him, well, the rank & file didn’t like Gore, either, but he got the nomination (and won the popular vote, if not the presidential race).

The interesting test will be how the next 12 months shake out as Dem candidates keep crawling out of the woodwork. If the field gets any wider, I think the Dems will shoot themselves in the foot.

Lieberman’s stance on gaming and his ties with account aside, what other major liabilities to folks see (besides his being Jewish and having the charisma of a wet skunk)?

ASJunk

As for the rank & file not liking him, well, the rank & file didn’t like Gore, either, but he got the nomination (and won the popular vote, if not the presidential race).

I was holding back on saying “significant portions of the base simply cannot stand him,” but you made me do it. People didn’t like Gore, but they didn’t hate him.

Hide your “Night Traps”

Hey fellas, new poll to piss some of you hardcases off…

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=564&ncid=564&e=2&u=/nm/20030306/ts_nm/politics_bush_dc_2

If the election were held today, Bush would lose to any ol’ nameless Democrat who ran against him. Then again, it would be a narrow result, so there’s still a chance he could get the Supreme Court to pull his ass out of the fire again. Good luck!

"might be able to pull off a stunner (ala Clinton in 92). "

Pamela Harriman drafted Clinton back in 1982. His victory was expected.

Well, I saw the date on the article but I just found out about the story.

Pamela Harriman? Chick who married Winston Churchill’s son? The one who blew the Union Pacific fortune? How the hell does one person waste hundreds of millions of dollars without being an idiot on the stock market?

Nice lady, she ran the democratic party till her death in 97.