Links to all the QT3 Movie Podcasts

On October 20th, 2009, Tom Chick, Christien Murawski, and Kelly Wand recorded the the first Quarter to Three Movie Podcast. It was Paranormal Activity. This weekend will be the 10th anniversary of the podcast. I first listened to the podcast in 2014 when I was going through a rough patch and after a few episodes the guys make you feel like you’re one of their friends listening to them talk about movies and poke fun at one another.

Thank you guys, and Happy 10th Anniversary!!!

Well said, @marquac. Here’s to 10 more years. Thank you for taking the time to put this out every week guys, you have no idea how much it means to me. I started listening back during the very first year and have been a loyal fan ever since. As I’ve grown older and my friends and family have ranged far and wide it’s nice to always be able to listen (and participate) in the kind of movie conversation that I can’t really do very easily in RL.

Here, have a poster:

You are most excellent, @sinnick

I think the first one I listened to was Olympus Has Fallen, which is odd since I’ve never seen that movie.

Keep 'em coming!

So it looks like Apple is no longer carrying the first 31 episodes of the podcast for some reason. The list now starts at The Messenger. Just a heads up if anyone is looking for any of the really early episodes on iTunes.

This podcast series really is a huge achievement. What an amazing list. 530 episodes!

Thanks again to all involved. Now I’m sad again so I’m off to listen to the Prometheopsis for about the kerjillionth time.

P.

The Prometheopsis is a classic. Christien is almost crying from laughing so hard at least twice during it.

If I recall @rhamorim is also a big fan of that opsis and able to quote from it as well. :)

If you ever subject yourself to watching Blackhat, I would suggest listening to the Blackhopsis, which also has a ton of Christien laughter. Word of warning, Bai Ling does appear in the opsis.

I am indeed and yes, I am certainly able to do so. ;)

“Cool” - Idris Elba

You’re awesome! That made me smile.

I loved the way that little moment made both Tom and Christien crack up. I have a smile in my own face right now… with a hint of sadness because of Christien’s passing. :(

Very well said. I think there will always be some sadness mixed with these great moments.

“Dabbing its fangs playfully with his neck” etc, is where it gets me.
Christien is melting down in laughter and every time I can’t help but crylaugh along.
Kudos to Kelly’s writing of course (how’s he doing?)

This is a real long shot but I’m trying to track down a conversation in one of the movie pods where Christien talked about the Book of Job. I can’t for the life of me remember which film it was in relation to. I’m hoping @marquac can remember, or anyone else?

Thanks
P.

A good question, I’ll try a few episodes tomorrow and let you know if I get a hit.

A Serious Man maybe?

Seems plausible, yeah, but I feel like it came later.

@ManOfZinc, can you take a listen to the Captain Phillips podcast at the 58:00 mark and give it a listen to see if this is what you were looking for?

Damn Chris. That’s it! Thanks so much. Tell me your methods, oh archivist!

Feeling a bit melancholy tonight. Here is a link to the very first opsis by Kellywand. This predates the first opsis on the Podcast.