Listen to high frequencies on smartphone?

Is there an app that will let me record high sound frequencies on my smartphone? My dog freaks out when she hears my PC boot or when a smoke alarm runs out of juice and beeps. For the last week she has been doing it every night but I can’t figure out what the cause is. Maybe the sound is beyond the range of my hearing?

Can you not just record it with whatever recording function you have then adjust the pitch on playback? It 's possible the mic won’t capture it, but that’s not going to change with an app.

I have limited space on my phone to store audio recordings. A real time tool would be better.

I just installed Spectroid but don’t really know what to do with it. I wish I could be notified if something meeting certain criteria happens.

Isn’t your dog acting as the notification?

That’s what I came here to point out belatedly.

If it’s that annoying 60hz hum it could be anything from a dimmer switch to overhead fluorescents. But if you’re saying it’s intermittent hmm… Lassie needs to learn how to point.

The problem is I don’t know where the noise is coming from. And if it’s like the smoke alarm, the noise could be intermittent. I guess Spectroid is not the correct tool then.