Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

This sounds terrifying.

Am I missing something or is that the most generic game description ever?

The grammar doesn’t inspire confidence either. I’m guessing the text was translated.

It’s a poor summary. The game looks like a pause-able real-time Civ, but not traditional RTS mechanics with Civ-like scope.

Songs of Conquest.

Announced at E3. Turn based strategy game inspired by HoMM2 and made by a Swedish developer. Due out some time next year. Gorgeous pixels and I love the E3 trailer.

Worlds Collide looked interesting enough to search on YouTube, and I found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJBQwqC4nQ

Not a quality video, to say the least, but the game looks intriguing. I wish it were turn based, but still.

Steam discussions are sparse and cause for concern. But at that price, I may end up giving it a try.

Songs of Conquest page

FAQ

WHAT TYPE OF GAME IS SONGS OF CONQUEST?
Songs of Conquest is a turn based game where you build a kingdom, raise armies and control powerful magicians called wielders. You’ll quest around for loot, fight monsters, optimize build orders and strategies to pick off the enemy teams. We call it Classic Adventure Strategy, for short.

HOW DO YOU CONQUER, WILL THERE BE COMBAT?
Combat will be a major part of the game. You’ll recruit troops and your wielders will command them on the battlefield. The wielders harness a magic called “The essence”. By combining your wielders skills with the essence of the troops you get access to powerful spells.

WILL THERE BE A LEVEL EDITOR?
Yes. We want all users to be able to build interesting and visually appealing levels.

WILL THERE BE MULTIPLAYER?
Yes. At least local, to begin with.

CAN I SIGN UP TO TEST THE GAME?
Yes! Sign up to the email list above and we’ll notify you when you can test the game.

WHERE CAN I GET THE SOUNDTRACK?
We will probably release it when we release the game, but if you keep asking us for it we might share it in whole or parts earlier.

WHEN WILL THE GAME BE RELEASED?
The game is planned for release in late 2020.

WHAT PLATFORMS WILL IT BE AVAILABLE ON?
PC and Mac.

Songs of Conquest sounds amazing! Finally, a return to 2D HoMM gameplay.

This is being done by Coffee Stain Studios, who made Goat Simulator, and who are making Satisfactory. Day 1 purchase.

I think they’re the publisher.

WHO IS BEHIND THE GAME?
Lavapotion is a small team based in Gothenburg, Sweden.

I am following a Let’s Play of this and it’s really freaking creepy and nuts. I just wish it had a better name. The Yuppie bit is…a little relevant, I guess? But the Psycho part to me conjures images of Patrick Bateman and this is something really else.

You had me until late 2020… then I just blanked out.

Might be fun, reviews are mixed.

It looks super cool. Has anyone played it?

From the developer of Furious Angels:

I refunded Afterburn. Sky Rogue is far more fun.

Saw this mentioned over on RPS:

Demo for those interested in pixels!

WhaaaaaAaaaaaat!!!

Islanders is getting a sandbox mode and other OS support.