Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Heh, don’t think I wasn’t thinking the same thing…

-Tom

I was intrigued and looked it up on BGG. It looks like it should play fairly differently. External conflicts are all v all with minor point gains (instead of a bunch of red points); buildings are easier to build, don’t remove the tiles, and can be moved; two blue tiles or two green tiles (which you can replace with the corresponding off-map leader) can be used to do stuff instead of being places; …
It looks like more of a game, but not necessarily better. Certainly different enough.

This requires explanation.

It’s not available on phones or computers.

My assumption was that this was a euphemism for something, since an lotr Stratego game wouldn’t need/be a Knizia design

He made a LOTR Stratego-type game that is very good.

It’s called Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation. Like Stratego, you can see where units are, but not which ones they are. Which allows the Fellowship player to sneak their Hobbits to the opposite end of the board without getting caught, among other interesting dynamics.

THANK YOU.

Pretty much it. In addition to wars and revolts, there are “peasant revolts”, which enable you to remove a tile from the board if you discard two blue tiles from your hand. Pagodas can be immediately replaced by discarding two green tiles likewise.

It’s been years since I played Tigris, but from what I recall of it this game has a lot more strategic options.

Also, Yellow & Yangtze has hexes rather than square spaces, which, as Civilization V has amply demonstrated, makes the game exactly 150% better than its predecessor.

I jest please don’t kill me.

I hadn’t noticed it at all!

From Hato Moa, who brought us Hatoful Boyfriend, and featuring the music of Masakazu Sugimori (Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick, Viewtiful Joe) comes picross investigation game Murder by Numbers:

Was Hatoful Boyfriend the pigeon dating sim?

Yup45

Whatever happened to that Qt3er who wrote up that hilarious AAR?

Left to The Other Forum ™.

“Get ready to rip the galaxy a new wormhole”? Uh.

-Tom

Despite @Chappers support, I couldn’t even watch the promotion video to the end. Too much noise, both visual and aural.

"This game contains content which is not appropriate for a young audience. This content may is not suitable for viewing at work or in public settings.

Themes of this product include blood and gore, partial nudity, and violence."