Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Cool, not sure about the game but I love physics/destruction engines.
Wonder what the limitations are, to stop you smashing everything to the ground.

Tower of Time is on sale at chrono.gg. It’s $7.49 for the next 16-ish hours.

A lot of the symbols are quite ambiguous, whereas others are obviously ‘something’. E.g. I have s turtle neck in the jazz.cafe section that could easily be a squirting tube of toothpaste, or something.

Broken Roads is a Fallout style isometric post apocalyptic game set in Australia:

Trailer

Website

Trece Brothers are working on a new tactical TB cyberpunk mercenary company management RPG (is that even a genre?):

Title page

After Star Trader Frontiers, this is pretty much an instant buy for me.

PUT IT IN MY VEINS

Yeah thats gonna be a 2021-2022 release, it’s only starting its kickstarter next year.

I enthusiastically second this post! I gave Spirits Abyss a shot because I was intrigued by the trailer and the price, and it is quite the bargain! Then I tried the developers previous game, Skelly Selest. Also VERY good. This guy gets fast-paced arcade action, and I love how weird the humor and visuals are. I’m an overnight Caiysware games fan, and his entire catalogue is on sale at Steam right now. I might end up buying the full set!

Another week, another digital board game, This time it’s Reiner Knizier’s Yellow & Yangtze, a sort of spiritual successor to his own earlier Tigris & Euphrates. Same tile-laying mechanics with a few more options in terms of actions you can take. It’s Early Access, but appears to be feature complete, with only a little more polish and balance remaining,

I really love Tigris & Euphrates, but making it even more complex? I’m out.

That was my initial reaction, but the changes feel organic enough that it’s not a problem.

Straimium Immortaly is the one I played. It was ultra charming and wonderfully strange. I also bought Skelly Selest and will get Spirits Abyss soon. Caiysware makes some special games.

Oh I didn’t remember those guys name.
Straimium is very nice. I haven’t figured 1/10 of the secrets.

Oooh! I had no idea Knizia did any sort of follow up to Tigris.

Bleh. :( Somebody wake me when it’s done.

-Tom

I think it only came out in '18

And as near as I can tell, it’s exactly the same as Tigris and Euphrates, but with new names for the components and mechanics. Am I missing something, or is this the exact same game?

-Tom

There were no dedicated soldiers in Tigris and Euphrates, but maybe they are just the same as the old black tiles actually.

I think that’s exactly what they are? I mean, I’m okay with doing whatever it takes to make Tigris and Euphrates more intuitive. It’s one of my favorite Knizia designs, along with Lost Cities and Hobbit Stratego. But I’m pretty sure Yellow and Yangtze is just a fancy update with a Chinese reskinning.

-Tom

Maybe Tengen bought some of Reiner Knizia’s organs!
… I think I got my facts mixed from another thread.