Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I hear that death is stranding.

Stealing a little bit of @Bobtree’s thunder.

Word of warning: Tom, this is Early Access.

Somebody in my friend’s list posted his impressions, and it is one glowing recommandation:

Charlatan posted Wildermyth almost two weeks ago.

And Kerzain wanted opinions, so you won’t get me to delete my post.

I don’t begrudge people posting about Wildermyth… I"m considering getting it even though it just entered Early Access (WTF am I thinking?). Even though I’m currently digging into Pathfinder:Kingmaker and trying to clear Disco Elysium out of my in-play queue.

To be fair, their EA blurb is very comforting and makes that purchase sensible!

To be fair, the game’s been in “early access” on itch.io since at least April 1 (when I purchased it). So it’s more developed than your average Steam title on Day 1 of EA.

Wildermyth really has my antennae up. Have you played it much since April? If so, what’s your take? From the devs beta description blurb on Steam, it sounds pretty complete already so I might grab it.

I haven’t, since I was waiting for it to enter Steam EA. Hoping to today, though!

Doh! Didn’t happen. Too many college football games and Lightning game to watch. Sorry, @Coldsteel!

Trust me, I understand. But, I’m a Caps fan myself. :)

I have just fiddled with the first campaign for an hour, and the game felt quite janky for the first few minutes. Then it began very quickly to make sense, to fit together, and then it got… well, quite amazing.
I am really impressed, it is even better than what I thought it would be. It also has got one of the most goddamn simple and functional game this side of Templar Battleforce. Very few clicks needed, yet zero missclicks happening.

As far as issues, the only so far is that the scenario map generation is a bit lengthy (I’d say you have to wait for about a minute on my little computer), but whatever.

The game actually makes me think of what could, maybe, be an even better MASSIVE CHALICE — well, excepting for the soundtrack.

Which game?

Wildermyth, wheehee!

You have my attention.

Mine too.

I bought it and played it for a couple hours and I really, really like what I see so far.

I’m dedicated to holding off until it goes on sale… even a teeny bit. I know it just hit EA but a guy can have dreams, can’t he?

One thing I’ve noticed about my vow to not play EA games - I’ve got a number of games on my wishlist that I put there when they were in EA. Oftentimes they sit there for a year or longer - and then they come out of EA. But sometimes when that occurs it’s been on the list for so long that my enthusiasm to get the game has evaporated (because there’s always some new shiny thing around the next corner). Maybe I should give in to my impulses and pull the trigger if it’s a game that really speaks to me, even if its EA.

Get out of my head.