Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Shit, I really did not need another game like that… But it looks good.

A simple and chill little free game of growing plants and decorating:

I’ve been enjoying Dicey Dungeons as a game to play while I eat. low key, turn based, some interesting choices. I found my first class that I don’t like - the inventor. I’m not a fan that I’m forced to pick a piece of equipment to get rid of, to give me a new gadget that may be worse than the gadget I already have.

The start of the second video on the Steam page in particular could be directly lifted from Lords of the Realm in terms of mechanics…but that’s not a bad thing.

The very best hybrid deck builder, collectable card game, turn based tactical battler I have ever had the pleasure to get addicted to - Faeria - is free on Epic Games starting next week. You should definitely give it a go.

I pretty much exclusively play Pandora mode, which is is a mode where you draft a deck of 30 cards by choosing 1 of 3 cards 30 times. There is lots of excellent single player content and you can play with constructed decks, and play PvE coop. I just love the Pandora mode so much I barely leave it.

Super Chicken Catchers is launching with a free 4-day trial. I love the Monday Night Combat vibe.

Oh, Besiege is out of EA!

I seem to already own this and have tried it at some point. Don’t recall doing either.

High praise.

I’m interested in how Katana Kami pans out. The top-down swordplay looks solid, and the description sounds sort of like a Recettear+ with increased emphasis on deep combat.

I thought so too, but the more gameplay I’ve seen, the more it seems like just another Far Eastern Diablo clone.

Lumote looks incredible

Indeed it does!