Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Yeah… this game looks pretty neat. Definitely has some ideas to set it apart. But for me, the movement around a 3D space adds nothing to the game. I’ve only seen the environment right by the town, so maybe there are others?

I may eventually revert to wishing this had node to node travel for quality of life ease of use but for the time being the combination of real space + art + music are really helping me feel like I am exploring in a real, twisted, freaking dangerous space.

Out of town, you have the wrydness completely distort what you can see, with a very, very notable and distinct visual effect, whenever you do not have a lit Wrydcandle. I run without candles!

Interesting. What effects does that have (mechanically, not visually).

Hmmm.

How do I claim it then?:)

Like I say, you should have a Steam key waiting in your pledge manager. If you don’t see one, contact Awaken Realms. I don’t know what basis they’re using to distribute the separate campaign release to backers/pre-November purchasers so it’s possible you might inadvertently miss out on that having waited so long to register it - might be worth asking about.

Thanks for talking about this as I had completely forgotten about the KS key. Went and claimed mine this morning!

@BloodyBattleBrain Look for an email with this title → “Tainted Grail: Conquest Early Access!” Mine was sent on 6/18/20.

Squirrel has started streaming Landlord’s Super. I assumed it was another renovation mundane sim like Train Station Renovation or House Flipper and ignored it. But it turns out it’s from the makers of Jalopy and has a similar tone and style and is set in England in the 80s. I’m a lot more interested now. But it’s in EA, unfortunately.

In Tainted Grail, whilst exploring the wilderness outside of town, you can I think be in one of three states, with implications -

No wrydcandle: Your combat card draw is frequently seeded with 2 energy cost cards which impose a negative effect i.e. you kinda have to play them and they hurt you. Post-combat, you get wrydshard currency.

Partial wrydcandle: Somewhere in between no and full I think, and some specific mobs power level is influenced by the candle level

Full wyrdcandle: Combat card draw is frequently seeded with 2 energy cost cards which apply a positive effect if you play them and sometimes a positive effect if you do not. Post-combat, no wrydshard currency buffs.

Rogue Lords closed beta kicked off today until the 8th! After having just played it for 69 minutes, I can say it’s a Day 1 purchase for me.

Ok, the idea of cheating the rules being a core mechanic based on an expendable resource is quite clever. It’s also quite interesting that this is NOT a deckbuilder from what I can tell, but they have adopted some common approaches from those games like Spire-style maps

I read that as ‘Rogue Landlords’. I’m sure there’s a game of that already!

Just bought and played Tainted Grail for a bit based on this thread. Really enjoyed it so far, and the production qualities are top notch. Seems like it’s going to be a great game.

I tried it out too (Tainted Grail), expecting it to be like the board game. Wow, not at all - not sure how I didn’t pick up on that before.

Assuming people are not supposed to be posting video of this online, but there is one for the moment:

FYI, if anyone else is interested, I signed up for beta yesterday and got a key today

Looks like it’s impossible to sign up now as the ‘Register’ button is lined out now.

EDIT - ah nevermind, they use that silly European date system so that was preventing me from signing up.

Lol, at first I didn’t realize I could switch the language to English from French, so I just assumed I needed to put the date in that way

I also signed up last night and got a code today. Going to try it after work.

Stonefly looks heeeella pretty - should be good for the epic coupon still going if you don’t mind that storefront.