Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Just spent a bit playing Rogue Lords and while it’s a high quality effort, IMHO it suffers in comparison to Tainted Grail. I didn’t care for it.

If a game called “I Am Fish” isn’t built around Abe Vigoda, there will be hell to pay.

Ok, last post about Tainted Grail in this thread, but I unlocked the Summoner class and it’s a blast to play. Gameplay is obviously very different from the first guy… uh… Beserker? Whatever he’s called! And the storyline/voiceovers continue to impress. And now back to other indie games…

Yeah I might have got the boss on his own, although it would have taken forever. But what about all the summons? Nothing I could do about all of those as well as worrying about the boss. Nothing I could see anyway.

My second run was with Summoner, and yeah, very different to the default start class. Quite a lot slower to play, but felt like a lot more choices.

Pathfinder is the awesome!

My approach . . . do not stun the Golem, and do not use the encounter ‘Risk’ cards unless you absolutely need to. If you absolutely must stun the Golem make sure you have either block or attack ready to deal with the summon.

I have beaten the Golem multiple times now and never let it have more than one summon.

Slipways is out on Steam, Itch, Gog, and Epic. Can’t believe a game I’m this excited about is 6.99 on Epic

$6.99?

Wow, thanks for calling this out! That’s a no-brainer!

With the coupon given out in the sale.

I enjoyed the Slipways demo thing awhile back, its wishlisted for a sale. :)

Cool. Purchased.

New narrative game focused around metal-detecting (great concept–I wanna go metal-detecting!) is out today.

Some new Warhammer games coming down the pike:

Yep, a fantastic price for something I’ve been eagerly awaiting. Instabuy!

Oh that looks interesting!

Kind of related, but Mackenzie Crook’s gentle and funny Detectorists is well worth checking out:

I’d love this game on Switch or iPad, but that’s just me being spoiled.

Been a while, but I think I might have played it on my iPad from steam during beta. Haven’t had a chance to mess with it today. Perhaps someone else will try?

That was my exact thought as well! Except that I’m more of a #TeamToby guy.

-Tom

FYI, basically every indie game on PS4 is on sale right now.

I had Tainted Grail sitting in my library from backing the board game. I finally gave it a go now that it officially launched, and unpopular opinion but it really didn’t do much for me.

It seems super unpolished, compared to something slick like Monster Train. Everything is clunky, playing a card has no real visual/audible impact, and basic stuff like changing the GUI scale breaks the display of reward items (and the text is still too small).

And that tutorial enemy… thousands of hp, forced to slog through the same couple of things over and over.

I’m assuming it gets a lot better given the love shown here but man… bad first impressions.

How can you play it from your iPad?