Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I was thinking knights of honours, but nothing is like knights of honour, sadly :O

Yes, but I meant more in terms of the map exploration. HoMM might be the better comparison, but

I haven’t played it

FIX. THAT. SHIT.

Void Tyrant

Really liking this one. It’s a roguelight with a press your luck mechanic akin to blackjack. It looks very simplistic on the surface, but the moment to moment decision making is really interesting, as is the enemy design (some of the stuff enemies can do is just downright nasty).

Not much of a looker, but quite fun. Meta progression in the form of new classes, new races, class upgrades, and more.

This one was previously on mobile (but portrait only with micro transactions vs this premium version)

Hero’s Hour, for anyone wondering, is a mix of Heroes of Might and Magic (overworld) and Kohan (tactical battles) and it’s great.

I’ll get right on that, just as soon as I get my wife to watch ET

ET is shit. Go do Kohan.

Sir, I have played Kohan.

God there are so many of you people I can’t keep track.

Wait Kohan is on Steam?

I am very much hoping this will be like it :-P

Hey, you forgot to @ me whilst talking about a strategic roguelike deckbuilder! Feed my addiction dang it! :-P

“little indie games” lol ;-)

I don’t really think of this one as a deckbuilder in the same way. It’s certainly deckbuilder adjacent, but there are a lot of mechanics that punish you for or prevent you from using your “deck”. The options to change it are also far more limited. Still, it’s a fun game. Made it to the third boss last night for the first time and got roasted

If you haven’t already, peruse the dev diaries, they are good.

This is probably my most anticipated gamer. The only concern is how good the combat will be.

I’m really excited for this one too. When I clicked on this thread and saw the link I thought maybe it was out. Now I’m disappointed.

I’d be pleasantly surprised to see KOH2 out this year.

Hey, watch out! I got smacked down by Thomas W. Chick when I mentioned Crucible was the exact opposite of little or indie. (And now it’s the opposite of a game.)

2D platformer, building + defense