Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I beat it the other day, it’s a cool little diversion. Played via Game Pass.

2D Slime Rancher -like.

Puzzle platformer metroidvania.

Unpacking is my current Game of the Year, if that makes a difference to you. No reason not to check it out on Game Pass!

And I thought it was tedious. But I expected that going in.

I remember a terrible cRPG of the late 80s/early 90s called Knights of Legend that came on 8 C64 floppy disks, I think, that was advertised as having over “200 towns and hamlets to visit” but what they didn’t tell you IIRC was that it actually only had a handful of towns/hamlets and the other 180+ places were only planned because they were so convinced this game was going to be a hit. In all fairness, it wasn’t actually a terrible game but it was one of the first attempts to simulate table-top PnP RPGs which translates into taking over an hour to clear out just a handful of low-level monsters or trashmobs. Do. Not. Want.

Oh wow, I remember that game! Not because I played it, but I do recall going into the computer store at the time and longingly reading the back cover of the box. I think I like the game I imagined it to be better than the real thing.

I remember only an ad with a barbarian that seemed out of place for a game with such a name!

That Treasures of the Aegean actually looks kind of fun - a mix of PoP-esque platforming, adventure,
spelunking, puzzles, metrovanian climb & dash, topped with smooth animation.

This looks incredibly cute. Definitely getting.

Yeah, really liked that!

Made by the same studio that did Battle Chasers: Nightwar - obviously. It excatly looks like Battle Chasers, not only from an art perspective which is a given if it’s drawn by the same comic artist but also gameplay/mechanics wise. Mhm. I really liked Battle Chasers but until recently I had not idea that LoL even had a story or charcters with a backround. Undecided.

Uh go watch Arcane. One thing LoL has is lore and characters.

Dysmantle has left early access. Open world survival crafting top-down shooter from 10tons.

Dysmantle is a lot of fun.

Now that looks good! Thanks for posting!

35% off launch sale was a smart move, cuz they got me

Factory Town has left early access. 3D Factorio-like.

I just watched a gameplay video of this tactical WW2 game and it’s looks really good:

It a TB tactical unit game, sort of like a 3d Steel Panthers, though on a smaller unit scale, scenarios look to be a platoon with a couple of AT guns/tanks. There’s demo available if you want to try it.

This is a survival/builder game that looks good. Currently in EA but releasing soon.

And it is, as the kids might say, charming af.