Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Small world!

Okay. That was my only concern! :) Going by the pictures Google presents the game’s quite faithful to what might have been the legendary forest and its surroundings. Nice place to live (and to golf, obviously ;D).

Update on the game: Still going strong. Fight, upgrade, collect, walk around. Cool janky fun - a Beer and pretzels game for sure.

Hellcard released month ago and was mentioned here or there in some threads.
Deckbuilding roguelike -with coop- (or AI companions).

The combat has some positional elements, cards often interact with the decks of the other two characters in your party (as one would expect for a partly coop game).

It made a good first impression on me and I might really like it if I can one or two of my Steam friends interested.

There is a demo from a year ago if you search for Hellcard Prologue on Steam.

I’ve been seeing some chatter about Zoria: Age of Shattering pop up on my YouTube feed. It’s a TRPG combined with Diablo-like loot generation in spades. It has a certain sort of charm and jankiness (for instance, there is limited voice acting for some of the NPCS but when they read their lines the voice often stops after one sentence). There’s a number of classes (about 8?), each with a skill tree. Your can have up to 4 characters in your party. From what I’ve seen it looks pretty engaging. With DD2 coming up soon I keep telling myself to hold off buying anything else but this one is seriously tempting me.

Story-rich autobattler with kingdom management? Sign me up. Demo available, Q2 release.

It’s also freaking gorgeous and has a soundtrack by Hitoshi Sakimoto (FFT, Valkyria, etc)

Recently released into Early Access, this is a single-developer Grand Strategy Game set in the Bronze Age. There are some good ideas here for certain and if there’s enough interest the developer has even promised to make a prettier map :-)

My mum is a huge fan of Alphonse Mucha whose work must have inspired the visuals of Songs of Silence. I loved visiting the Mucha Museum in Prague many years ago, despite being pretty hungover at the time!

On one of my mum’s pictures I noticed this:

Literally a crescent of middle fingers!

Anyway, I totally agree: Songs of Silence looks beautiful :D

Oh wow, I’m not familiar with that artist (by name, but certainly looks familiar), but I love the deco style. The bee makes me think of the bird which is a guiding spirit in the demo.

It reminds me of Banner Saga. 2D graphics ahhh.

Mucha is Art Nouveau (not Deco), and one of my fave artists- a wallpaper of his Zodiac adorns the inside of my caper van. I’ll have to check this Songs of Silence thing out!

I’m guessing you meant camper van, but caper van is so much more intriguing and worthy of this art.

Hah! I wish I used it to pull capers!

Watched some of Nookrium’s stream of Goblin Stone and it quickly jumped into something I’m really tempted to pick up when it comes out tomorrow. Combat is a twist on Darkest Dungeon style, with your units lining up in turn order(meaning you have to be really careful about who is in front when enemies are about to take turns). Plus XCOM style ant farm base building. From what I could tell, your goblins are meant to be pretty expendable with no leveling up, instead you try to create new goblins with better traits as you go. Goblin eugenics, but it’s okay because they are cute storybook goblins, I guess. But really the art, writing, and narration all just ooze that storybook aesthetic and it all seems so charming.

Wow what’s in the water there’s all these cool indie strategy games recently

This game reminds me of the Goblins Web Comic:

Ooooooooh, that makes more sense. I honestly took it on face value that a caper van is a thing. You know, like a camper van, but for more mischievous pursuits!

Or salty ones

This looks a fun little multiplayer game… coming out (EA) in 2 days:

Bulwark is coming out on March 26 - in the same universe as the Falconeer (and created by the same developer!). From from what I recall, he’s posted around here before, which is nifty.

Bulwark has a dedicated thread over here.

Splattercat just put up a video showing off the game. Looks really neat and has some interesting building and resource transport mechanics. Definitely looking forward to this one.