Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

You may have just fired the first shot in the next Murray vs Morte War.

What war? Real skulls don’t need eyes to reach for empathy.

Really digging Yoku’s Island Express on the Switch. Nearly makes up for Pinball Arcade being gimped.

I picked up Moonlighter on the PS4 so will hopefully check it out tonight. Hoping it lives up to expectations!

Ditto. Who’d have thought a pinball metroidvania could actually make sense? Especially when you go flying past something interesting and have to figure out how to get back to it.

My Time At Portia was on sale last week for a daily deal and I picked it up because I’m a sucker for these sorts of games. I really like it. It’s got a great pace for making you expand your crafting to meet new orders/requests for the story and making you want to play one more day again and again. It’s not perfect and if you haven’t already played Stardew Valley go get that instead, but otherwise it has been highly enjoyable for me for the first 10-15 hours (whoops, Steam says 21 hours, lol). I’ve had a lot of fun and I’m sitting around at work today wishing I could go play it more. And the kids love it too.

You can still get it on sale at Fanatical for the next 3 hours or so (until 7PM EDT). Add code May10 and it’s a bit under $15 (I just grabbed an extra copy for the kids).

Or (once that expires or if you prefer) GMG has it for $15 after using code JUNE25 (I think).

August? That’s in like, a really long time.

Use June25 on GreenManGaming to get this for $15:

This is looking pretty decent, definitely getting wishlisted.

Darq is look appropriately scary as heck.

http://darqgame.com/

It is a tower defense game!

I’d like to see a game based on the actual Golem legend.

@Jason_McMaster , I saw your one stream of Graveyard Keeper, how did you feel about your time with it?

Deleted: aw, no hidden details gif :(

So @BrianRubin , how is this game? :D

Possibly NSFW!

header

6-12-2018%208-26-03%20PM

No idea, I’ve not touched it. Hehehehehe.

But it has clearly touched you.

4X board game Scythe is now out in Early Access.

I spent a little bit of time with the Beta, and despite having never played the tabletop version was able to pick it up with some help from the tutorials and reading the manual. My only complaint was not being able to see faction bonuses before deciding which to play. I guess the developers assumed the game would mostly sell to those already familiar with it.

I couldn’t find it referenced, but are they working on a tablet version as well?

I don’t know, but since the publisher is Asmodee, I would assume so.