Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Bah - I was confusing that with Heat Signature, which I want to play and which does not have a Mac version.

Hmmm…maybe a candidate for next wednesday…

I haven’t played it in a little while, but I got a bit turned off during the early, early access because the game seemed to be going for a more multiplayer focused approach, instead of the PC Carnage Heart I was expecting.
There is single player content, but it wasn’t very engaging to me.

Exactly what I was scared of since they seem to be emphasizing multiplayer. Although I wouldn’t object to something like Omega had, you download people’s AIs, but don’t actually compete against them live.

It seems to me this would be awesome for a puzzle-like campaign where you are presented with scenarios and have to figure out how to defeat them with limited resources. Or maybe given pre-built instructions or bots and have to design the other.

I haven’t played multiplayer ever, but looking at the format of the game (it is all hands off), I think you will be able to avoid most if not all direct interactions.
My issue is more that I need some context. In my experience, probably because of my lack of imagination and skill and the very wide open nature of the game, I felt paradoxically contrived into solving the puzzle, instead of having the sentiment that I was perfecting my darling squad.
I think the game will be very satisfying if you aren’t the overly-emotional type — ie, the kind that cry on her robots’ demise in Duskers T__T

It’s already there, although resources isn’t an issue. You just have to beat the opposition. The only ressources are coins, and they only buy cosmetics stuff as far I could tell.

Oh cool, now I can play it at work!

Steam Cloud works cross-platform right?

I just checked and sadly, that’s not the case for this game.

Vendetta Online, a little indie game worth knowing about, just put out a newsletter:

There is an event tonight at 9 PM CST; the Corporate Sector Run. What makes this event unusual is that the organizer, Luxen, apparently plans to give away a 1 month premium subscription key worth $10 in addition to the regular credit prizes.

The newsletter also goes over some VR improvements, for Oculus Go especially, other gameplay tweaks and the new Discord channel (which is cool because it includes a global chat relay for channel 100).

Where’s the Switch port?

/sadface

I wants it.

This looks pretty interesting. I always liked the rails system of Bioshock Infinite, this swinging mechanic sorta gives that feel from what I’ve watched.

So this is amazing.

This looks a lot like a game a friend recommended me a while back on iOS (the synthwave 80s theme particularly). Split screen looks cool.

It reminds me a lot of Outrun 2006, which is a very, very good thing.

I deleted a comment about how they deleted Outrun 2 from Steam in my previous post!

Yeah, I was able to track down a disk copy a couple of years ago. Still play it now and then too.