Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Hmmm seems I need to check my hearing aid (right after I buy this game!)

Ahh Early Access - hadn’t realized that but bought it anyway. Thanks!

Yay! Enjoy!

Hey Brian, I somehow turned off the UI that shows my ship’s energy and hull damage. Any idea how to turn it back on? I can’t seem to find the key.

I forget, but I believe F1 shows the keys.

Yep, that was it - thanks!

Yay!5

Thanks, lordkosc, for providing that Steam link to Burden of Command. I had forgotten the name of the game and was driving myself crazy trying to remember it.

Just popping in to say that I’m the developer of Starcom: Nexus. I’ve just been a lurker on quartertothree but if you have any questions, complaints or suggestions, please feel free to shoot me a PM. As you’ve probably noticed there’s an in-game feedback system, but it’s anonymous and doesn’t allow me respond.

p.s., Hi Brian, thanks for all your support!

Grabbed this in a steam game bundle during the current sale, its really good and perfectly winter themed.

That didn’t seem too hard.

Hey man good to see ya!

A friend gifted me Equilinox, and it is not a sandbox game, at all!
It is close to a casual puzzle game, excepting it is not that casual, and evolving species is quite directive.
While you have freedom to evolve as you wish and potentially have fun with that aspect, the limited ressource pool you have to manage means you have to still follow the order the game imposes upon you, as costs increases and you’ll need to progress to keep up.
I quite like it, but it’s not the sandbox I was expecting. There is no sandbox mode actually, which is quite baffling, as it seems there could be another game in this one that was just ignored!

So this appears to be some sort of first person board game adaptation? It also supports VR, for those who still have interest in that sort of thing. It’s still Early Access, but may be worth checking out.

Sonoftgb that reminds me of that old game Incubation. But not as good. I hope it is good though. BTW can I still get incubation anywhere?

at GOG as part of Battle Isle Platinum for one. On sale for US$2.69 right now.

Put Unavowed on your wish list!

Seconded! Unavowed is the new gold standard in point-and-click adventure games. The puzzles are reasonable, you can take multiple approaches to them, and the story does some really unexpected things. It’s saddled with the AGT engine, which means even though the art is overall really good, the animations are limited (in particular, the most violent scenes end up seeming almost comical), but once you let yourself get into the world, none of that matters.

Ummm maybe?

Also maybe?

They do get harder to build, game’s title does not lie!

I played a free version (looks like it’s a free beta?) of Cheeky Chooks over on itch.io. It’s a clicker/idle game, really, but a colorful and reasonably entertaining one.