Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Excellent! The first one was a delightful little casual game.

The 2d stuff looks ok, but the 3d videogame bits look kind of embarrassing. Really a bit off-putting.

This looks to be right up my alley.

It (Evil Bank Manager) now appears to be out of Early Access.

Those screenshots looked suspiciously similar to a game I bought for 97p years ago and never played. It says “2011 Traffic Manager” on the back of the (still in shrink) DVD case, by CyberPhobX and Excalibur-Publishing. So it’s definitely not a new game :)

Ooo. I liked the previous one. I think it was one of the first games I bought online, and I mainly did that as I was a fan of the band that made the music :) I’ve wishlisted it for now.

From the creators of NecroVision:

I hope chernobylite turns into its own subgenre of games. People everywhere will quit their jobs to create indie chernobylites, featuring permaradiation modes and randomized layouts of the Exclusion Zone.

You had me at Necrovision.

Did anyone ever play their last game ? Get Even?

Play, no (and I didn’t realize that game was theirs), but I did watch a Let’s Play and it seemed fairly interesting if rough around the edges.

Evoland Legendary Edition was given out for free today to all owners of Evoland 2.

Oh, you and your digital board games! Actually this one is getting some good reviews, most notably from James Allen at Outof8, who I usually agree with.

Any Chinese speaking people want to give this a shot?

My GF gave this a few goes the other day as they were giving out alpha/beta/demo/whatever free keys. It kept failing to save her progress so she had to restart each time. I don’t know if that was a “feature” of the beta or a bug, so watch out!

I can attest the physical game is fun.

Also out on iOS.

That looks like a Tom non-request Monday game to me.

Evolution is a joy, and one of the most polished board game adaptations I’ve played. Great single player campaign that gradually unlocks new cards.

Good to hear. Did you get the iOS version @Misguided?

Oh that’s what that was. (My workplace blocks all content from Steam, so I can’t see embedded links or images from there.) Yeah, it’s pretty good. My kids and I play the physical game all the time, so I’ve been interested to see how the digital version stacks up, and it’s pretty slick.

I did. It’s free to try. 9.99 full unlock on sale for 7.99.

One annoyance. No text rules I can find. If you want to go back and check on how something works, you have to watch a video. We had a rough day here yesterday (car got stuck in snow) and this was pissing me off in an irrational way. I’m sure I can find the rules online, but for all the polish in this thing it seems like a silly omission.