Local Elections

We are counting votes in Kentucky!

Incumbent Matt Bevin ran on a whole lot of Trump there, especially on anti-impeachment sentiment. Be interesting to see how he does.

RIght now: too early to tell much of anything.

For the first (and probably not only) time tonight, I’m gonna invoke Dan Rather and say that the race in Kentucky looks tighter than a tick!

Democratic challenger Andy Beshear’s map to winning there is about the same as any Democrat’s is anywhere: keep away from too many huge wipeout losses in outlying rural counties and inflict a few wipeouts yourself in the deep vote wells in urban and suburban areas.

Bevin starting to post more and more of those wipeout rural margins now. Still looks quite close, but to steal a metric from Harry Enten, I’d rather be Bevin at this point than Beshear.

I’m real skeptical that beshear can win, but if he did, Trump would shit his pants.

McConnell would also shit his pants, can which may be even better.

In honor of Kentucky

I mean, this stuff is not easy sometimes.

I now have in my mind a mental image of McConnell talking about shitting his pants.

It’d be cool if McConnell died from shitting his pants, and then Armando shat on his grave.

Very meta.

Say what now?

Yeah, been watching those three counties. They’re Kentucky-side suburbs/exurbs of Cincinnati, and Beshear is doing really well there. Winning two right now, and keeping the margins fairly close in Boone County.

Bevin won those three counties by a decent amount in 2015. So yeah. Worth keeping an eye on.

Heh.

So yeah. Kentucky race is gonna come down to the vote margins in Fayette County (Lexington) and Jefferson County (Louisville).

Bevin is back in the lead, but for a minute…

Beshear is a white hot live shot to win this.

Louisville just made another big vote dump. They’re 90% counted now, and Beshear is +85k there. Will it be enough?

WOW.

C-J reporter:

Louisville is the great blue bastion of KY (and the best place to live in the state, not coincidentally). They’ve been absolutely crushed by Bevin, too, whose made it his personal mission to hurt the city any way he can. Would love for them (and the rest of the state) to get out from under that bastard’s bootheel, but I won’t believe it til the race is called (and probably not for awhile after that).

It’s one of my favorite cities on the planet. Have spent many, many days there, drinking, watching horses, and drinking some more. Also seeing great bands play. ;)