Lock Out - 2012

Well, it’s the future.

— Alan

Not to mention the wasted Evil Researchers plot line, the wasted briefcase plot line, the silly one none too bright guy gets loose and brings the whole thing down plot (and wasted opportunity for some one with hidden motives actually releasing them), any kind of meaningful interaction between anyone, non-Newtonian physics…I kept hoping that Pearce would stumble through some air lock, discover the writers, and gun them down while a’whoopin’ an’ a’hollerin’.

Also, Pearce makes a great action hero. He’s totally decked out like Chris Redfield in a Resident Evil movie. His biceps were easily the sexiest thing in this movie given that Maggie Grace has all the sex appeal of a wet blanket.

Well, maybe if you are gay. She looked smoking hot in comparison to her Lost days.

Though I suppose that doesn’t entirely define sex appeal…

Some really nice touches in the script, but overall, this is yet another incompetent stab at John Carpenter, like The Raid, but without the thrilling fight choreography and with better sets.

-Tom

Yup. Action wasn’t that inventive or exciting - they just seemed to throw a lot of money at it.

Hadn’t heard about this, but apparently John Carpenter had suedthe studio for copying Escape from New York.

The claimants had asked for damages of €3m, but in the event the court ordered Europacorp to pay out €80,000, of which €20,000 went to Carpenter directly, €10,000 to Escape from New York co-scripter Nick Castle, and €50,000 to the film’s rights holder StudioCanal.

EuropaCorp is appealing against the ruling, with a spokesperson telling AFP it was a “hindering of the freedom of artistic creation”. “[The plot ideas are] part of the common stock of cinema and the principle of convicting someone… is unacceptable, even if the court only granted three percent of the damages demanded.”

According to Wikipedia,the film earned over $32M world wide.(budget $20M)

And somehow it managed to get traction on Netflix this week:

-Tom

All right, that’s it. I’m watching this again.