LOGistICAL - Sublime Logistical Strategy Puzzling

Welp, next couple of weeks are gonna be expensive:

In other news, the dev has listed out what he feels are the easiest-to-toughest modules in order, which is perfect for me, at least.

Ohhh, Multi-Truck Select is live! Can’t wait to try it!

OMG the base game is on sale for $5, go buy it you fucks! ;)

So is this a game you really recommend, or should we maybe wait until a 90% off sale? /Brian trolling

Yeah, you can wait until it’s in the $1 tier of whatever Humble Bundle it ends up being in.

The developer made a small video going through the tutorial Isle of Man island.

I haven’t watched that video yet, but at $5 this weekend I’m considering giving it a second chance. Without going through the entire thread, are there any other guides/videos that have shown up recently to ease the learning curve?

[edit] No narration? It would be nice to know what this guy is doing, and why.

I caved and bought it again, and this time starting to grok it better. EXCEPT -

I can’t seem to save the game during the tutorial. I get how to save - exiting via the panel the slides out on the right - but when I restore a saved game the spinning glove just sits there.

Am I wasting my time because the developers don’t allow you to save when in the tutorial? (I hate that, BTW)

The game saves every time you do something, such as deliver something with a truck, and it’s saved in the Steam cloud. I’ve done the Isle of Man and saved during it, so it should save for you as well.

I didn’t realize you have to click on a country after loading a save. Counter-intuitive.

Er…no it isn’t? It makes sense, load a save, today I wanna do Hawaii and then Chile. Load a save, today I wanna do some more Australia.

I mean the save game saves the state of the entire game, including every module you’ve worked on, to have an overall running tally of the amount of cities you’ve solved.

OMG you guys, Logistical 2! Starting with Russia!

Neat! Is it too much to hope for some UI tweaks?

It’s weird. There’s some UI updates and bug fixes, which apparently are going in to the existing Logistical as well, for free. But Logistical 2 has planes, which you only get if you buy Logistical 2 (which comes with Russia). It isn’t clear to me if Russia integrates with the DLC you already have for Logistical 1 (like, if you click on Australia you’re playing 1, and if you click on Russia you’re playing 2, or if you need to start up each game separately).

Releases today, I guess.

Apparently:

All new functionality and updates within LOGistICAL 2 will automatically be updated to all LOGistICAL modules and DLCs.

The new UI is finally helping me understand how to play this game. MAN it’s so dense and hard to follow the UI.

I love the gameplay when it hooks me, but it’s SO hard to do anything more than a few trucks.

I was that way in the beginning as well. You’ll get the hang of it.

Yay, Wisconsin is out you guys!

My home state! I had to pick it up. Love all the crazy town names.

Thanks Brian for bringing this little gem to my attention way last year. I like what sacada has done to the UI and run time optimization. Its come a long way.

Italy is my favorite module. Figuring out where to get iron ore and then where to supply glass was fun. Just puzzle-like enough without being frustrating.
The early part of the power curve where you’re gaining trucks and are exploring where best to fix the next road are what grabs me. I tend to lose interest when a lot of the industries are leveled up and you’re just filling in the big cities. That end game still needs some refinement.

I wonder if whatever caused it to crash on my ancient Vista rig ever got resolved? (Although it’s likely something broken on my computer and not Sacada’s problem.)

On the other hand, next time someone complains about Paradox’s DLC strategy (well-intentioned jest towards towards @Nesrie), I have an example of how much further they could take it. I guess the point is to just buy the countries you’re interested in, because I’m not sure I’d live long enough to play everything in The Lot bundle.