LOGistICAL - Sublime Logistical Strategy Puzzling

I guess Italy got moved to 8/22.

Regardless, I’m playing this again. Now that the wedding is over, I’ve the mental energy to enjoy this again, and enjoying it I am. I’m playing Hawaii, and I’ve decided that my current goal is to FIX ALL THE ROADS. Yes, all of them. Then I’ll explore the shit out of all the islands and finally find those elusive industries I’ve been missing. Yay! Man I love this game.

Why in the world would I need expansions?? I’ve played dozens of hours in Australia and haven’t even done half the things!

I get 'em to support the developer, since I just love the game so very much. I dunno if I’ll ever get to them, but I love knowing more are coming. That said, they’re not really needed, so if you’re having a blast with Australia, stick with it.

100 more cities in Australia and I can finally try out the other locations. It looks like I have 124 hours logged on this and safly one of the most played games. I believe only KSP, Factorio, and Path of Exile have more time logged.

Sadly? Surely not!

174 hours logged, as I usually leave it running on days I work from home.

I’ve tried the expansions, and I found California to be the most interesting, mainly because of familiarity.
Canada is God-awful hard.
Although I haven’t finished Australia yet I did get every road fixed there. That was quite an accomplishment.
I’m not sure I have the desire to “fix” every single town. That is a shit ton of busy work. I find opening all the roads, and solving the bigger industry issues to be more entertaining.

Yay, Italy is out!

I’ve also gotten all the roads fixed on two of the Hawaiian islands! Yay!

I was aiming to pick this up at the weekend and see it is on offer now as well. So which version the main game Australia or do they all play the same and get my home country the UK or any other recommendations?

The base game is Australia, which is a pretty good start I think, as it’s freaking huge and varied. It also has a tutorial at the Isle of Man. My suggestion is to get the base game and see if you like it, then get Britain. I think Britain might be more challenging which is why I hesitate to recommend it right out of the gate.

Ok thanks Brian will get the Australia one first.

Yaaaaaayyy!

Ok about to try this out on my wife’s PC while she’s downstairs hosting a painting party. Ready for all of the hype to finally be realized!

YESSS. Let the trucking COMMENCE.

Sorry to report that I gave up on it. I really wanted to like it but the horrific interface just killed it for me. Made it about an hour before I just couldn’t take it anymore. But glad to see so many people love it - keep those trucks moving!

The interface was atrocious but the worst part for me was the fact that it got into some kind of error state and since it reloads your map right in the main menu, it became completely unplayable for me.

I also got a couple other people to buy it last sale but all three of us ended up refunding it.

As a Web/UI developer, I just have to say… UI Matters!

Sorry it didn’t click for you guys.

Looks like Norway is next y’all!

So far the UK is very tough going. The Isle of Man is sort of an extended tutorial (and useful if like me you haven’t played in a couple months and need a refresher on how the whole damn thing works), and that’s fine.

Then you go over to Cambridgeshire and it’s just this horrible tangle of roads, all of them broken, all of them requiring materials that you don’t have for repair. You have to slowly fix all the roads you can that require rock and gravel, and keep at it until you unlock the subgraph that contains the asphalt plant, and then keep fixing rock/gravel roads that are farther and farther away until (I guess) eventually you find oil, because you need oil to make asphalt. And every broken road you run across requires steel and concrete, as though either is produced anywhere you can reach.

The UK is, to put it mildly, not for beginners.

Sounds about right. I’m still in Hawaii my own self. Might try CA next before returning to Australia. I’ve heard Canada is even tougher than the UK.

Hey guys, Oregon is out today!

I’m still in Hawaii (upgrading industries before finally fixing towns), but I might do this one next because:

And Norway is coming out later this week!

Yay!