LOGistICAL - Sublime Logistical Strategy Puzzling

I’ve actually never built one, even two dozen hours in.

Hmm, OK, thanks. Has anyone else here?

I think it just makes satisfying some town needs easier. I don’t remember if I ever built one or not.

I had to on the ABC islands because I couldn’t transport a particular good due to a quarantine (states a product can’t be transported over a route).

I can imagine building one could also save on transport times too.

2 major reasons for building new industry:

Some maps have quarantine zones, and the only way to deliver goods on the other side is to build industry there.

Some larger cities has incredibly high demand for goods. The best way to solve those cities in many cases is to build industry close by that satisfies their demand. This makes transporting goods to them faster so the satisfaction meter doesn’t deteriorate on you.

Thanks for the replies. I do see a quarantine symbol on the ABC map. It has glass and something else circling it (maybe bottles?). I suppose that means I can’t transport glass from the eastern island to the western ones, but I haven’t tried. The quarantine marker hasn’t interfered with any of my deliveries yet, and I’ve finished most of the cities on all three islands. I’ll start looking to see if any western island needs glass.

I hadn’t thought about cities with very high demand. Good point! I’ll think about building industry to solve those.

Late getting back to this. The Achievements highlighting was exactly what I was looking for. It really ought to be in a tutorial, because it’s really useful.

Yay! Happy to help!

Finished ABC Isles & the Isle of Man. Xmas 2017 looks a bit daunting - anybody made headway with it?

Hah, according to this, Xmas is one of the more challenging modules.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/573060/discussions/0/1495615865212782034/

Oh thanks that’s useful to know. I’m already letting it run in the background as he suggests. LOL to fix the road to the continental US is 2970 tons and my capacity right now is 9.25…and it’s a long way from the output to the road.

Interesting (well for me being from New Zealand) that NZ is ranked the second hardest module.

So f#ck & double f#ck…255 hours in and I appear to have lost my hard drive that Steam is on. It’s not there anymore in explorer and I can’t see it in BIOS either. Have had no prior warning, everything working fine. No backup saves either.

OK so I have reloaded Steam and reinstalled and I appear to have some savegames - how does that work? Automatic cloud saves?

I notice that the achievements on Steam are well behind interestingly…

Sorry to hear about your hard drive! I do believe saves are in the cloud, yeah.

Cheers Brian.

I thought saves in this game were automatic with every “event” but my last save was 12 hours ago and I have had several achievements since then and I have quit the game once or twice too. Oh well I guess I should be grateful I’ve only lost 12 hours or so.

And the achievements stopped updating over 24 hours ago. Weird.

Ohhh, I’d then go to their Discord and report that. He might be able to get yo shit.

I think saves are local, and cloud only updates when you exit the game. I might be wrong, but that’s my understanding. So that could account for the lost time and achievements.

You very well could be right!

That may be right for the saves but the achievements update fairly instantly - I have already redone a few which have updated on Steam without exiting.

I have left a message on the forum anyway; I also noticed that pre-crash, output from industries I had started was maxed at 540 even at level 10 (which I thought was low but whatever). Now since reinstallation I have noticed they have gone all the way up to 14,580.

Dunno whether that was a glitch in my game file or something they have updated (there was an update yesterday).

How do I deselect a town? With a town selected the Industries Popup (F5) doesn’t work properly.

I don’t have that problem; in fact I actually use the industry popup specifically to deselect a town as the town “close window” doesn’t seem to work as you obviously would know. It used to.

Sorry, don’t have any other suggestions.