LOGistICAL - Sublime Logistical Strategy Puzzling

Newcastle’s a bigger deal than it looks at first, too. Yeah, you’ve already got a steel mill at Kurnell that you’ve probably levelled all the way up. But articulated trucks can’t get to it, and they can get to Newcastle.

I’ve now completed 100% of towns in all of Sydney. There’s still a couple industries to upgrade, but other than that I’m on my way to somewhere else. I think Wollongong (since I’ve already developed trucks and honey down there), which’ll be my entry to Canberra.

And Egypt is out!

Not sure why you’d need more. I’ll never finish Australia.

I’m just supporting the dev.

I’m another one who just didn’t “get it” and ended up getting a refund. Although every time I come to this thread I consider the possibility I didn’t give it enough of a shot, and perhaps get it again.

Is there an award for “Most Divisive Game of 2017”? :)

Has anyone figured out the relative values of the cargo? I’ve noticed that the price per ton varies quite a bit. Not that money is really much of a problem.

Egypt? Jesus, I’ve only just finished Illawarra.

I learned yesterday that a mining truck loads almost exactly as fast as a gravel pit produces, so you can (slowly) repair the roads in the north that require 2000t of gravel without wasting time getting dynamite up there.

Is this a bug? I’m trying to complete Maitland, but I can’t. It requires three products: Motorbikes, Peanuts, and one of a group of several different types. One of the things in the group is Motorbikes. I’ve filled up that group, and now I can’t unload Motorbikes in that town anymore. The truck just sits there and won’t unload. I guess I just have to wait until they use up all the stuff in that third group, then make sure I send Motorbikes there first? Seems kinda lame.

The green light on the truck’s gauge isn’t on, so it’s not unloading even though there’s a demand in the city because the original demand in its order is filled. Click on the green light and make sure the truck is powered on.

It’s annoying and happens quite often, and I’d say it’s definitely a bug of some kind.

Like when I tried to complete a town on the north of the east coast. It needed asphalt, but so did the road out of the quarenteen zone. So instead of delivering 5t of eggs and 5t of Asphalt I had to deliver 205t of asphalt in a panic.

I’ve also had the opposite happen, where I’ve been aiming to deliver to production or upgrade in a town and instead it goes to completing a town :(

Bugs bugs bugs. Still, at least Canada, Germany and Egypt are available :p

Yeah, the other annoying thing is when you have a town that needs, say, steel to upgrade the industry… and it produces steel. But it won’t use the steel it has to upgrade its industry. As far as I can tell, you have to move the steel away, and then bring it back.

Also, the poor performance is starting to bring me down. It takes forever just to drag a truck across the map.

Yeah, this was frustrating me yesterday. I did the same thing: Loaded the truck up, sent the truck off somewhere, then turned it around to go back to the source. Annoying because it requires constant vigilance, which usually the game doesn’t require much.

First thing I noticed when I fired it up this weekend. My god. It’s not hard to write a smooth scrolling map, especially when it’s not really drawing anything.

And how I wish I could turn off those horrendous huge low res backgrounds and watermark things that are always visible. Maybe they’re what’s causing the slowdown!

It’s off-putting, but the game seems interesting enough.

They’re definitely a contributor. Every part of the interface and the background map all have alpha blending on, which means EVERY PIXEL on screen is blended. Lovely way to slow down your frame rate.

As for performance: I actually found this weekend the performance was better now that the game is only loading Australia.

Finished my first region today. Southern Sydney. Felt damned great. Now I’m gonna try to upgrade all the industries in the area before moving onto Central Sydney.

Be very curious to hear how people are playing this game. I’m moving pretty much willy-nilly, just completing whatever towns I click on that seem completable. I have three rigs, one is one of the… trains? Everything else I do by dump truck because they can use all the roads and I really don’t want to make the effort of figuring out a hub-based network yet. I have completed 95% of the stuff right around Sydney (don’t have access to coffee, fiberglass, or bananas yet) and expanded north and west from there.

My new frustration is when a town requires a resource to complete the town and for its industries. It seems arbitrary which one it decides to fulfill first when you deliver that good.

This game is a mess, but it has the virtue of always presenting you with something to do. And that keeps that “one more minute” feeling going endlessly.

I know I’m going to eventually just lose interest in this game and drop it in a very anti-climactic manner, since there’s basically no milestones or finishing points to speak of (from what I can tell). Just towns, towns, and more towns. What a weird game.

I would recommend focusing on the Capitals quest/contract line. They provide some challenges but more importantly, the rewards (time acceleration up to 8x) makes the game more enjoyable.

I already came to the anti-climatic end that you describe, but I sure got my moneys worth first. And I won’t rule out that I might revisit it at some time.

I just pottered around at first. I spent a while trying to level up my 20T trucks, but it wasn’t effective as it seemed to be random what bonus they got. I used the cities on the main roads through Sydney, using a 20T to complete them. Then I started to let the contracts guide me. I prioritised 2x/4x first (Canberra, Sydney) and then just followed along with the contracts suggestions.

Had I know from the start about the 5x, 10x, 50x bonuses I would have more effectively levelled up my 20T trucks at the start and not “wasted” the cities on the main roads next to Sydney.

So I’m still letting the contracts guide me. If it’s a big city (30k population or more) I try to ensure it lands on a 5x, 10x, 50x bonus, using the tiny cities as fodder to get to that.

When working towards completing a city I look at what a city needs and ensure that the closest production facility for each good-type is levelled up. So if there’s a close level 1 and a slightly further away level 3, I’ll level that up, even if I ultimately end up not using it! And naturally, any industry that I’m levelling up requires input, so I’ll ensure that the closest industries for those inputs are levelled up etc etc. I’ll also do the same for any storage zones nearby that can take the goods.

This way I’m levelling up industries as well as popping cities in some kind of trickle-down levelling up. I 100%'d Southern Sydney at the weekend – I’d had the towns done in there for a long time but a few of the more duplicated industries were still languishing at level 1, especially the boats (no fiberglass).

There was an update late last night or this morning, and logging in today I can’t go to Australia. It seems to think I don’t own Australia. In fact, it thinks I own a bunch of countries I don’t, like Germany and… Antarctica.

Looks like the latest update might have mixed up the purchase status of DLC? Anyone else seeing this?

Oh wow, I couldn’t load Australia either. I could load Hawaii, which I’d just been working on, but not Australia.

K, reported, maybe head over there and chime in as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/573060/discussions/0/1456202919983506683/