Long national nightmare of pre-release Fallen Enchantress almost over

So the regulars here on QT3 and the game site don't count but your snark about COE3 should be taken seriously? Your posts make you look like you have an agenda. Maybe I'm wrong but as a beta tester of the game I haven't seen anyone in the beta have criticisms that sound like what you posted.

I guess we'll find out in about two weeks.

I didn't get the beta until it went up on Steam so it was pretty far along. It's taken over my life. Easily the best 4X strategy game since Civilization IV.

You seem to be the one having a problem separating someone's personal life and business life. I just want to read about the damn game.

You outed me man. How did you know? I got no money. The only way I can play this game is if it becomes $10 for a four-pack. What the hell am I supposed to do now?

Straight from the horse's mouth. Number 5 is quite ironic huh?

http://forums.elementalgame.co...

Are you like this guy's ex girlfriend or something?

No, I'm practicing The Gentleperson's Guide to Forum Spies. You can try it too.

http://cryptome.org/2012/07/ge...

I was pretty disappointed with Elemental (or do we call it WOM now?). Having gotten fallen enchantress for free has almost restored my faith in game companies. I'm still smarting from Legend of Pegasus so the game makers out there still have a ways to go to earning my trust back.

Aaron, if you wanted to just discuss the game, you shouldn't have created this thread. David created the original question raising the issue of his behaviour, and you followed it up with a question about buying preferences.

If you want to talk about the game, then just talk about the game.

Yes, some people do make conscious decisions about where they spend their money based on the values that are important to them. For example, I do not shop at Home Depot or Chic-Fila because of political reasons, regardless of how convienant it might be, or how badly I want a tasty chicken sandwhich. It's all about putting your money where your mouth is, and is really the only leverage consumers have over corporate America any more.

I wonder if the folks putting Brad on Blast are Capcom fans. I'd laugh if they are.

Overall, I have a few quibbles with this game, there are a few minor bugs (As of the current beta), but it's a very strong game, that while it isn't the platinum standard of Civ IV, comes reasonably close, and is definitely worth $40 easily.

Fairly easy recommend.

Done a few plays now, it really is a -lot- better, I would say it's got real addicitive properties now.

Let me know when they give those who bought Demigod what they promised, then perhaps I'll give them some credit for giving us FE for "free". I use "free" in quotes since they gave me nothing of value with the original release.

Don't get me started on Capcom...