"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"

I started watching Inside Llewyn Davis last night. It starts off with this beautiful song. It’s so beautiful I didn’t want it to end. And during the song, you slowly realize that it’s being sung by… Oscar Isaac? What? Is this dubbed? Or is that really Oscar Isaac singing?

Also, holy shit, I can’t get used to this Oscar Isaac after just seeing Star Wars. I only got about 15-20 minutes in so far, so I haven’t really seen the bulk of the movie yet. But I hope there’s more songs.

Edit: Not fair changing the header of this thread btw. I kept thinking "Where is the thread about Coen brother movies? Why is search only giving me this thread?

The Star Wars are banned from this thread. Court Order.

Yes, there are more songs! There’s one where Poe Dameron sings a song with Kylo Ren. About space travel. Also Justin Timberlake.

You can’t tell because he’s in a Uniform the whole time though.

Inside Llewyn Davis turned out to be excellent. I can see why it’s on a few lists among the best movies of this decade.

I think the enduring image in my head of this movie will be that opening song and the highway exit sign.

Right now, it’s probably my favorite Coen brothers movie, but that’s because it’s been a long time since I saw other good ones. Like O Brother Where art Thou, I don’t hardly even remember that one anymore, but I remember really liking it. But I would definitely put this above Fargo and The Man Who Wasn’t There.

The soundtrack to Inside Llewyn Davis is fantastic. For a six-month stretch or so, Oscar Isaac’s version of “The Death of Queen Jane” was my daughter’s lullaby every single night. Never got old to me.