Looking for help finding an interesting RPG

It’s funny, I actually enjoyed the rhythmic stance sword fighting of The Witcher. When I dabbled with The Witcher 2 I was disappointed to see it had turned into more of a traditional hack and slash. The worst thing about the rhythmic sword fighting was that you had to stare at the pointer for the cues which meant you couldn’t watch Geralt’s moves or pay much attention to your enemies. That was a shame, but the idea I think worked really well with the lore of the Witchers and their alleged fighting prowess.

Thanks for voicing this because busy work is one of my pet peeves, whether it’s Breath of the Wild or, in this case, The Witcher 3. I feel particularly sensitive to it these days. I just don’t like to feel as though my time is being wasted on the same fluff.

I really ought to check out Age of Decadence though, it sounds fascinating.

And you give 5 minutes to some games before uninstalling them? Sorry Ultrazen, I couldn’t resist! :P

I love the sound of this. I remember some goblins giving me a really hard time in Dark Messiah and when I did finally manage to best them, the last one ran off. I chased him and found him hiding in a corner on his knees begging for mercy. I was too angry for mercy so, naturally, I did what any Dark Messiah player would do and I kicked him into the next life. I wish more games would give their creatures and enemies some personality and sense of self-preservation. Remember the Houndeyes running away from you in Half-Life? Or the Paramites in Abe’s Oddysee being cowards alone but vicious in packs?