Lost in Space Remake in the works, by Netflix

I liked the first season warts and all. It did have its issues but I still felt it was a very good remake and the production values were excellent. The main issue I had is just how duplicitous Dr Smith was and yet no one seemed to do shit about it. Youre dealing with the best of the brightest, that whole thing should have been handled better. Thats on the writers of course, I thought Posey did a good job with the role. Im looking forward to season 2.

This is where I’m at, though I have to admit to not remembering how it ended. I figure I’ll just watch the re-cap they’ll have and that should dislodge the info!

I remember liking it well enough, but I also don’t really recall how it ended. So maybe I’ll catch the last episode to refresh my memory.

Yeah, same here. In fact, looks like that was position in April 2018 too:

Season 2 is out according to the internets.

Yes, watched the first episode last night, as the wife insisted.

The plot holes and bad writing just keep coming.

Is it Passable or Horrible?

Its good. Lost in Space is still and always has been a serial cliffhanger show. They jump from one crisis to the next. People do stupid and sometimes
incredibly stupid stuff, just like in real life. Its always going have “plot holes” Every sci fi series in history has them. Even the best of them can be picked apart if you want to do so. So if you watch for the entertainment value, its decent. If you want to analyse every detail, find another show.

Let’s put it this way: after the first episode, my wife said “yeah, I’m not feeling it” and didn’t suggest we go on."

It is VERY clearly written for a children audience.

My 11 year old loves the show. So I get to see it as well. My wife watched an episode with us and proclaimed it to be dumb.

I enjoy it.

That was my reaction after season 1, and I’m really looking forward to Season 2 you jaded bastards! :)

My Prime Video runs out on January 2nd I believe, so I’ll switch over to Netflix that week and this will probably be the show I watch first.

Edit: Wow, that post was almost 2 years ago. No wonder I don’t remember a lot from Season 1. I need to watch a recap or something before I watch Season 2.

Maybe people were expecting them to make a hard sci fi show out of this. This isnt that, if that’s what you are looking for go watch The Expanse, its fantastic. Lost in Space is also not the campy show its based on. Its somewhere in between. Like the original, people still do stupid things that put everybody in peril. That’s kind of the show’s thing. You can either buy in to that premise or not. If you dont, go watch The Expanse, its awesome. Lost in Space has its warts and plenty of them but if you can get past the issue that they dont space “Dr Smith” at their very first opportunity, then the show may work for you. Myself, I like it. It’s a fun show with excellent effects. Just understand that their biggest name is an unapologetically horrible person with zero redeeming qualities and the rest of the cast is too stupid to do the smart thing.

Dropping Smith out the airlock would certainly be a good first step.

I’m four episodes into season 2; I like the show, but there’s something off. Maybe it’s the pacing? Maybe it’s the writing? It’s hard to pin down. The show gets to points where I start to give up on it, and the crappiness relents just in time and picks up my interests again.

My kiddo and I just finished the 2nd season. Liked the first season a bit more. Enjoyed episodes 7-10 more than 1-6. It’s average to slightly above average for me.

OMG the writing has gotten so bad (and it wasn’t great before). We just couldn’t make it through the first episode of season two.

Diego

And here I thought I was picky. I’m three episodes in and have no problem with the script or the action. I don’t like how malevolent Smith is, because it seems like the proper course of action is spacing her immediately, even for the goody two shoes Robinsons.

I don’t remember the first season of the show being outright BAD - perhaps a bit silly, but definitely watchable. Good enough that I was looking forward to watching season 2. Season 2 feels like a more dramatic shift in quality, where I was only able to make it through 3 episodes before giving up. I had hoped perhaps the first episode or two would start off weak and it would pick up, but it feels like S02E03 is the weakest of the three.

I totally get why kids would like this, though. It’s very affirming that young adults are all smart and capable, even if it’s in different ways. And the parents are just bastions of calm rational relatively good parenting. That combined with the score (the music can’t stop telling me how to feel!) is just so obnoxiously saccharine that it’s a bit unbearable.

I had a hard time with this as well. When the boy started reading from the book we actually starting skipping forward it was so long and boring. I can’t think of the last time we did that.

Yep. It’s too bad, because the first season was campy but fun. Love watching Parker Posey usually.

Diego