Lost

You have to buy the entire box set for that? I’ll wait for the youtube version.

I would watch a Hurley spinoff.

“Dude, I wish you wouldn’t mess with the island. It’s not cool. Maybe you should go back where you came from. Want some ranch dressing?”

Looks like ABC decided to throw those shots of the plane wreckage over the credits on their own. It had nothing to do with the finale.

Wait, what? He said it had been answered by the writers, “if you accept their version.” What other version would we accept besides what is actually shown in the series? That doesn’t make any sense.

I believe that he’s actually referring to stuff the writers said on their podcast, because IIRC that bit about the genocide when people get too close to the source is a very close paraphrase of something they said in the Across the Sea podcast.

Just caught the finale for the second time on Space and while I’m still mad at the lack of answers, I was a lot more moved by the character scenes without 3 people nattering at me and asking me who everyone was and what was going on. Also, the music was pretty amazing.

I can say 100% that this has been my favourite television series ever, and I will definitely be watching it in its entirety again, just not anytime soon.

i LOVED the series finale, but I was never one of the people who wanted answers. I was happy with the character drama. However, I do have one problem with the finale, and this is really just a nitpick: the Smoke Monster’s defeat/death was just…anticlimatic. This was a guy who the main villain for one season and part of another, and he just go punked out. It just wasn’t satisfying. IDK, YMMV.

If Lucasarts had made a Lost game in 1987

Genius.

That is brilliant!

The inventories are the best part.

I think it’s pretty clear that the Guardian is not necessarily a benevolent force. His job is to protect the island, not to be lovey dovey. Jacob was obviously willing to resort to some mean shit in order to protect the island.

Haven’t seen the finale or the penultimate episode yet. Unfortunately LOST’s last clip show episode (GRRR) made sure my TiVo deleted the “What They Died For” episode. Can someone point me to a good synopsis of what happened in that one so I can go into the finale with the necessary info?

What They Died For is pretty much the first part of the finale so I’d say it isn’t skippable. Just watch it on Hulu or ABC.com.

http://abc.go.com/watch/lost/SH559062/VD5563127/what-they-died-for

Exhaustive text synopsis: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/What_They_Died_For

Thanks for the replies/links.

If I recall correctly, doesn’t Eloise ask Desmond not to take Daniel with him? I took that to mean that she was aware of her circumstances (i.e. living in the afterlife) and that she didn’t want Daniel to depart with the castaways in the church.

When Christian Shephard says that the castaways ‘made this place’, I took that to mean the church itself, not necessarily the entirety of Purgatory. The church was simply a rallying point, not the entire sideways universe. It seems to me that everyone else was ‘real’, but not everyone got an invite to the church.

Hm… I can roll with that.

BUT WHAT ABOUT DAVID? That soulless puppet. David just has to be Vincent for me to sleep soundly at night.

You got me there. Jack Shephard’s pre-planecrash love child with some one-night stand at Med School?

That’s a difficult interpretation. The touchstone for the sideways universe is what might have happened had the H bomb gone off in 1977, so this purgatory is specific to events on the island. The entities in the sideways universe who are not Losties are not other dead people who didn’t happen to be on the island, they’re just props (notably David). The Losties didn’t build a church in a universal afterlife, they “made this [version of purgatory]” because the island was important to them (including, apparently, Aaron).