Love knows no bounds in The Sims 4's My Weddings Stories except all of Russia

Love knows no bounds in The Sims 4’s My Weddings Stories except all of Russia The Sims 4 My Wedding Stories DLC pack will not be sold in Russia due to the country’s federal laws against so-called “propaganda” that restricts the depiction of “non-traditional sexual relationships” in media available to minors. EA announced the regional restriction, but neglected to specify the issue. “The ability to tell stories – any story – is at the core of what we do at The Sims. Holding back Cam and Dom’s story meant compromising the values we live by. We are committed to the freedom to be who you are, to love who you love and tell the stories you want to tell.” The Sims 4 is already rated 18+ in Russia due to the game’s allowance of gay relationships and marriage, but the My Wedding Stories game pack would likely violate Russian laws due to the marketing and cover art (seen above) which puts the same-sex couple Dominique and Camille front and center. Rather than alter the marketing for the region, EA has opted to skip Russia entirely, a decision that has been applauded by Sims fans.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2022/02/10/love-knows-no-bounds-in-the-sims-4s-my-weddings-stories-except-all-of-russia/

Not much of news in the light of Russia putting the ol’ iron curtains back up.