MacGruber! (Yep, it's a movie now)

I can’t imagine how anyone who saw the TV ads for this could have ever expected it to be even remotely watchable.

When the best line they can throw on the screen as the last line, the one they want the viewers to remember and attract them to the movie, was “That means its a Number 2!”, doesn’t that pretty much just spell “god-awful” for the movie as a whole?

It’s been getting surprisingly positive reviews, so I’m a bit surprised that the people who’ve seen it so far are so negative.

It’s apparently not doing well at the box office, though, which is not really a surprise given that the latest Shrek is out this weekend.

Edit: Opening weekend estimates are around $4m US box office, which is a horrible result.

How’d Kristen Wiig do?

I am still tempted to see this. It held on at Rotten Tomatoes at over 50% for awhile, but now it has sunk below that. I’m sure it will be stupid as hell, but it can still be funny. Those quiet, gnawing doubts seem to be winning the battle, though.

“EMEEEELLLIIIOOOOOOO”

After watching the commercial, i can’t imagine how this could be anything but horrible.

I loved this. I couldn’t stop laughing throughout most of the movie. I wasn’t the only one laughing in the theater, either. It’s not for everyone, but some people will definitely find it hugely funny.

A nice gag is the tiger roar that accompanies explosions. There are all kinds of callbacks to 80s action flicks and such.

I saw this yesterday on the recommendation of @tomchick from a recent Qt3 movie podcast. I enjoyed it. I hated the original SNL sketches, but when drawn into an actual movie, flavored with the kind of Will Forte humor that I enjoyed in his show “Last Man on Earth”, I laughed through quite a bit of the movie.

It did also have quite a few jokes that didn’t land with me, but that’s okay, overall it was enjoyable.

My favorite part of the movie has to be his car. The Mazda Miata, and him playing soft rock music in it. That joke never got old throughout the movie. They had some really great soft rock tunes throughout the movie.